The Student Room Group

How to revise for Biology A level OCR A (New spec)

Hey Guys,

I am an a level student, really struggling to crack A level biology. When I ask people about how to revise for biology, they all say "Just memorize the book", I mean that's not the only to revise a subject! There has to be some techniques. I have heard that the 2017 paper was awful for biology students who sat the OCR exam and I am really starting to worry about my summer exam! I really need help with this! Please give me suggestions on how to ace A level biology! :smile:
Original post by Einstein04_
Hey Guys,

I am an a level student, really struggling to crack A level biology. When I ask people about how to revise for biology, they all say "Just memorize the book", I mean that's not the only to revise a subject! There has to be some techniques. I have heard that the 2017 paper was awful for biology students who sat the OCR exam and I am really starting to worry about my summer exam! I really need help with this! Please give me suggestions on how to ace A level biology! :smile:

Snaprevise.
Revision books.

They cost money hence get a Saturday job.
Hey Guys,

Hi! I totally feel your pain- are you year 12 or 13?
I really struggled last year but this year I'm starting to get into the swing of things. I've gone through all old spec papers and found the questions that could be on the new spec- i find that the tricky part of biology is nailing the exam technique. I basically do an exam question whenever I'm free to help get in all the practice. Flashcards are also a god-send for remembering the content because there is SO MUCH. I plan them out and condense all relevant information to clear concise cards. I base this off of multiple revision guides as they all have weak and strong chapters- a variety ensures that I have all of the strong information in my head.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by FrankieSmith4
Hi! I totally feel your pain- are you year 12 or 13?
I really struggled last year but this year I'm starting to get into the swing of things. I've gone through all old spec papers and found the questions that could be on the new spec- i find that the tricky part of biology is nailing the exam technique. I basically do an exam question whenever I'm free to help get in all the practice. Flashcards are also a god-send for remembering the content because there is SO MUCH. I plan them out and condense all relevant information to clear concise cards. I base this off of multiple revision guides as they all have weak and strong chapters- a variety ensures that I have all of the strong information in my head.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you for your help. I am in year 13. I agree, exam techniques for biology are the hardest to crack. I am going to start to doing them now so I don't fall behind later.
Reply 4
Thank you for your help. I am in year 13. I agree, exam techniques for biology are the hardest to crack. I am going to start to doing them now so I don't fall behind later.

..and just ignore 999tigger's post? Which is actually really good advice. Impolite as f, why bother asking the question.
Hey Guys,

Oh my god I am feeling your pain :frown: I can't remember anything form year 12 at all I'm screweddddd

Quick Reply

Latest