The Student Room Group

Need help with this situation

There is this girl that I have liked for quite a while but have just more recently started talking to her more. We get on really well and she always comes over and talks to me etc so I think she might like me back. Anyway I was planning on asking her out for a drink next time I see her. However last night I went out and had quite a lot to drink and ended up talking to someone I know from my course. We ended up separated from our friends so it was just us 2. It turns out that her and the girl I like have mutual friends who saw us together at the club. One thing led to another and we ended up kissing in the club and then again at hers but nothing else happened and I didn't stay over.

The thing is is that I still want to ask the girl out that I like but I don't want her to find out about last night and I'm just worried that the mutual friend saw us kissing. Am I overreacting by worrying about it and should I just ask the girl out like I had planned? What would you do in the situation?
Reply 1
I wouldn't hide it from the girl you like if they're friends because she might find out. I would explain to her that you don't really like the other girl, explain you were drunk ect, I would still ask her out anyway
Are you still in contact with the second girl, and do you have any feelings for her (or does she have any for you)?
Reply 3
Original post by cheesecakelove
Are you still in contact with the second girl, and do you have any feelings for her (or does she have any for you)?

I will see her once a week because of course stuff but thats it. And no I don't have any feelings for her and I don't think she has any for me.
Reply 4
Original post by emigla
I wouldn't hide it from the girl you like if they're friends because she might find out. I would explain to her that you don't really like the other girl, explain you were drunk ect, I would still ask her out anyway

The 2 girls themselves aren't friends but there's one girl that is a friend of both of them so while the 2 girls don't know each other, I don't know if the mutual friend might mention it.
Reply 5
Then yeah I would tell her just in case, as long as you explain you have no feelings for the other girl it should be ok
Reply 6
Original post by emigla
Then yeah I would tell her just in case, as long as you explain you have no feelings for the other girl it should be ok

Yeah true. I think I'll actually see the mutual friend before I see the girl I like so I could just see if she mentions anything tonight and if she doesn't then I guess there's no real reason to tell the girl I like.
Reply 7
Stop stressing, people kiss when drunk.
Reply 8
Original post by Tubbz
Stop stressing, people kiss when drunk.

Yeah I know that but the thing is I don't want people talking about it because I was going to ask the girl I like out for a drink this week.
Reply 9
Original post by Jack123210
Yeah I know that but the thing is I don't want people talking about it because I was going to ask the girl I like out for a drink this week.

Ask her out, and if she says "oh I heard you kissed [whoever]" there's a simple response...

Yeah we were drunk, it just kind of, happened.
Reply 10
Original post by Tubbz
Ask her out, and if she says "oh I heard you kissed [whoever]" there's a simple response...

Yeah we were drunk, it just kind of, happened.

Fair enough, yeah I think I'm just going to go for it and ask her out. In your opinion would it be better to ask her out after our society training session this week or to wait until next week when we will both be going on a drinking social with our society?
Reply 11
Fair enough, yeah I think I'm just going to go for it and ask her out. In your opinion would it be better to ask her out after our society training session this week or to wait until next week when we will both be going on a drinking social with our society?

Earlier the better.
Reply 12
Original post by Tubbz
Earlier the better.

Yeah that's what a few people have said. I just thought the drinking social might be better since we would both be more relaxed and I think they would be less people.
Reply 13
Yeah that's what a few people have said. I just thought the drinking social might be better since we would both be more relaxed and I think they would be less people.

If she says no, that then makes the rest of the night awkward, at least if you ask her if she fancies grabbing a drink, just the two of you, then you've both got time to let that settle before you go out.
Reply 14
Original post by Tubbz
If she says no, that then makes the rest of the night awkward, at least if you ask her if she fancies grabbing a drink, just the two of you, then you've both got time to let that settle before you go out.

Yeah fair enough. I think I'll probably ask her after our society thing tonight and just see what she says. If she says no do you think it'll make things awkward between us next time we see each other?
Reply 15
Yeah fair enough. I think I'll probably ask her after our society thing tonight and just see what she says. If she says no do you think it'll make things awkward between us next time we see each other?

I'd guess really that depends on you. I mean, if she says no, I don't look at you like that, is that going to bother you and affect the friendship, and will she feel like she doesn't want to talk to you in case it seems like she's leading you on...
Reply 16
Original post by Tubbz
I'd guess really that depends on you. I mean, if she says no, I don't look at you like that, is that going to bother you and affect the friendship, and will she feel like she doesn't want to talk to you in case it seems like she's leading you on...

It will bother me but not enough that I will stop talking to her. I'd still like to be friends if she says no so I hope that things will just stay as normal if she says no

Quick Reply