The Student Room Group

Queen's University Belfast Medicine Entry 2018

Hi all!

I couldn't see a thread for QUB so I've made one! :biggrin:

Course page: www.qub.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/medicine-mb-a100/

How they choose their students: www.qub.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/pdf/howwechooseourstudents/Filetoupload,752882,en.pdf

___________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: To help future applicants :h:

Applicants called to interview: Wednesday 13th December 2017 and Thursday 1st February 2018

Interviews dates 2018: Wednesday 17th + Thursday 18th + Friday 19th January and 14 March 2018.

Offers made from... Friday 13th April 2018 (11:44am) (Page 18 / Post 350)
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by karmacrunch
Hi all!

I couldn't see a thread for QUB so I've made one! :biggrin:

Course page: www.qub.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/medicine-mb-a100/

How they choose their students: www.qub.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/pdf/howwechooseourstudents/Filetoupload,752882,en.pdf

Tempted to apply but the fact everyone goes home at weekends is a massive turn off
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Tempted to apply but the fact everyone goes home at weekends is a massive turn off

I'm pretty sure they group Scottish, English + Welsh students together (in accommodation?). Fair enough though. :tongue:
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm pretty sure they group Scottish, English + Welsh students together in accomodation. Fair enough though. :tongue:

True just not sure it's uni experience I'm looking for despite me having a fairly good chance at interview. What do you like about QUB? I haven't really researched much except social side and selection process lool.
Reply 4
Actually I've found the majority stay up in belfast over the weekend!

I know they group the international students but not sure about the UK ones, afaik they don't or at least I've never heard of that. Your flatmates in halls tend to be anyone, could be someone doing english/politics.
There's a load of societies to join now, i think 2 more are being set up atm so there is tons of medical type societies you can join and meet other people too.
Original post by ScienceFantatic
True just not sure it's uni experience I'm looking for despite me having a fairly good chance at interview. What do you like about QUB? I haven't really researched much except social side and selection process lool.

I visited in summer and I literally fell in love. I know you're not supposed to get attached to a uni but it was great! :tongue: The students and staff I spoke to were really helpfu. I also really like the course structure, facilities and also the range of places you can go on placements. :h:

Original post by ahorey
Actually I've found the majority stay up in belfast over the weekend!

I know they group the international students but not sure about the UK ones, afaik they don't or at least I've never heard of that. Your flatmates in halls tend to be anyone, could be someone doing english/politics.
There's a load of societies to join now, i think 2 more are being set up atm so there is tons of medical type societies you can join and meet other people too.

Hey! Are you a medical student at QUB? (:
I'm a re-applicant for Queen's this year (from Belfast myself). Last year I thought my interview went well but let myself down massively in one of the more traditional stations so narrowly missed out on an offer!
Would be nice to discuss interview techniques if anyone is game?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
I visited in summer and I literally fell in love. I know you're not supposed to get attached to a uni but it was great! :tongue: The students and staff I spoke to were really helpfu. I also really like the course structure, facilities and also the range of places you can go on placements. :h:

Hey! Are you a medical student at QUB? (:

I am :smile:
Reply 8
Hi guys,
On their page, they say you need to have 3 A levels and an As in a different subject. I've only taken 3As' and I've continued them onto a level. Can I still apply as I don't have that fourth as.
Original post by XZY123
Hi guys,
On their page, they say you need to have 3 A levels and an As in a different subject. I've only taken 3As' and I've continued them onto a level. Can I still apply as I don't have that fourth as.

Yeah I’m quite confused about that as well :frown:
Original post by XZY123
Hi guys,

Original post by penne pasta
Yeah I’m quite confused about that as well :frown:

Maybe call admissions to double check? (:
Does anyone know if QUB use SJT as an MMI station ?
Original post by dontplayyourself
Hi everyone,

When I was applying last year, I found Oxford Medical Case Reports a good resource for short medical cases. Plus the interviewers liked the fact that I was aware of a few real life cases. I've attached the link to the facebook page below.

Hope it helps!

https://www.facebook.com/OxfordMedicalCaseReports/

thank you so much!!!
Applied to Belfast.
Can someone please guide me on what is required as a 'proof' of work experience? I interned over the summer in a NGO - autistic children, dermatologist and a hospital across diff departments/fields. I read that uni's randomply as a sample ask students to submit a form on the work experience. Can anyone help please?
Original post by shalukat
Applied to Belfast.
Can someone please guide me on what is required as a 'proof' of work experience? I interned over the summer in a NGO - autistic children, dermatologist and a hospital across diff departments/fields. I read that uni's randomply as a sample ask students to submit a form on the work experience. Can anyone help please?

I applied last year, can't talk about the interview. But they just want proof of ongoing care experience, and you seem to have it.
Original post by Jollynero
I applied last year, can't talk about the interview. But they just want proof of ongoing care experience, and you seem to have it.

Thank you!
Hi, today’s the day UKCAT results get sent to all the Med Schools! Schools like Queen’s have a straightforward academic based first filter, which should take a matter of days to complete. Does this mean that applicants can look forward to interview invitations as early as next week? Thanks!
(edited 6 years ago)
Any offers for interviews yet? Please let us know the dates along with yours stats and if you are a Home or an International applicant.
Looks like Queen's is extremely quiet. There's no news, nor is there much discussion on this thread! Does anyone know when they started sending off interview invites last year?
Reply 19
9 Jan last year

Latest

Trending

Trending