The Student Room Group

I don’t know what to do...

I started my a levels recently and we have to do tests on what we’ve done in class so far for parents evening. I got an E in my stats test and my pure test is on Monday and I’ll probably do even worse in that. What should I do?
Revise and practice consistantly. It's the only thing you can do, just persevere.
Original post by IntrovertPizza
Revise and practice consistantly. It's the only thing you can do, just persevere.

Do I have a chance to at least get a B? I think my parents will be quite upset
At the begining of a levels every person starts off at a low grade. I use to get U for RS at th begining of th years and knoe B’s stop stressing. You shouldnt b stressing yet.. stress next year
Original post by Irumcxxx
At the begining of a levels every person starts off at a low grade. I use to get U for RS at th begining of th years and knoe B’s stop stressing. You shouldnt b stressing yet.. stress next year

But AS counts towards my qualification
revise as much as you can to get the grades up, ask your teachers what your weak points are and revise them topics the most.
Is it a mock grade
Revise, revise, revise. Then revise some more. Test yourself. See what you did wrong. Focus on that most. Continually go over your weak topics until you know it all off by heart. Good luck :biggrin:
I learned the hard way that you can't get by with not revising. Sure it's your first year, if you don't get the grades you need, explain to them that its the begining and that you will improve as the year progresses. Then look at the grades you got and try to find out where you went wrong then focus on those areas the most.

Aim to do at least 2 hours of revision each day, focus on content first. When you feel like you have to content down, move onto practicing. You have to put the stuff you learn into practice or it won't stay in. If you're struggling at home, ask your teachers, they're there to ensure you get a good education.

Don't overwork yourself though, that could be just as bad as not doing anything at all as you'll burn out quickly.

You got this!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending