The Student Room Group

Was I played?

I met this guy on a night out and we had fun during that night. We ended up exchanging contacts and I kept his contact (which I usually don't) and talked for a very long time. I started to have feelings for him but he lives in the Netherlands and is 5 years older than me (I'm 18). I told him about my feelings and he admitted that he also had feelings for me. When my exams started to come up he asked me if he could come to my country and visit me but I told him that I would be too busy to be with him so we weren't able to meet up. After 9months I decided to go to Amsterdam to visit him but since he was working we could only meet up during his lunchtime. then in September he came back to my country and we went out for some bars and we had fun just like the first night we met but at the very end of the night he told me he had someone else back in Amsterdam but that he liked me more than her but she was, in fact, closer to him than I was... Should I fight for him or was I completely played around?
Original post by joker161
I met this guy on a night out and we had fun during that night. We ended up exchanging contacts and I kept his contact (which I usually don't) and talked for a very long time. I started to have feelings for him but he lives in the Netherlands and is 5 years older than me (I'm 18). I told him about my feelings and he admitted that he also had feelings for me. When my exams started to come up he asked me if he could come to my country and visit me but I told him that I would be too busy to be with him so we weren't able to meet up. After 9months I decided to go to Amsterdam to visit him but since he was working we could only meet up during his lunchtime. then in September he came back to my country and we went out for some bars and we had fun just like the first night we met but at the very end of the night he told me he had someone else back in Amsterdam but that he liked me more than her but she was, in fact, closer to him than I was... Should I fight for him or was I completely played around?

Did you guys do anything sexual together?
You play to win and get played to lose.
Reply 3
Original post by AnonymousU
Did you guys do anything sexual together?

Yes, on the first night we met
Reply 4
If you give the guys what they want on the first date then they loose interest, it's all about the hunt with a guy. Get them to wait and if they refuse then kick em out the door.

Yes you were played for sex.

Next time enjoy the company and wait until you've at least met the family, friends, know where they live etc., before you have sex with them.
Reply 5
Original post by Purdy7
If you give the guys what they want on the first date then they loose interest, it's all about the hunt with a guy. Get them to wait and if they refuse then kick em out the door.

Yes you were played for sex.

Next time enjoy the company and wait until you've at least met the family, friends, know where they live etc., before you have sex with them.

how would that be if we kept talking for almost a year without seeing each other?
I mean, it sounds like you had fun, one way or another. It sounds like you're disappointed because you wanted different things out of the relationship. He probably should have made more of an effort to make what he wanted out of the relationship clear, but you might also have done the same. Maybe in future, it might be a good idea to get these things straight before getting into bed?
(edited 6 years ago)
how would that be if we kept talking for almost a year without seeing each other?

It's not that you got played, its just that due to the distance he wouldn't want to have anything serious with you.

I advise you keep communicating with him like you have but be on the lookout for someone closer (more convenient) just like he has.
Reply 8

Yep you were still played. Believe me this is nothing new.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending