The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jo_rb
Yeah they ask you not to discuss any of the questions though - I guess this is just so ppl who fill it out first aren't at a disadvantage? It's not timed or anything, but does have to be completed in one sitting.

Just out of curiosity, how long after your application did you get sent the questionnaire? Thank you :smile:
If you have not yet submitted your UCAS application, remember the deadline is now less than a WEEK away.

Don't leave it to the last minute - there is nothing more stressful than trying to send it literally at the deadline and not being sure if its 'gone' or not. Especially if the UCAS site decides to crash because of the battering its getting on the last day ....
Original post by Jo_rb
Yeah they ask you not to discuss any of the questions though - I guess this is just so ppl who fill it out first aren't at a disadvantage? It's not timed or anything, but does have to be completed in one sitting.

I sent of my application a few days ago and I would be really interested to know how long it took you to receive it? Thanks
Reply 583
Original post by luberry
Just out of curiosity, how long after your application did you get sent the questionnaire? Thank you :smile:

Original post by maca_17
I sent of my application a few days ago and I would be really interested to know how long it took you to receive it? Thanks

Think it was 3 days after so don't worry if you haven't got it straight away
How do I submit my work experience references for Surrey? I cant find anything on the website explaining how to do it?
Original post by idree5
How do I submit my work experience references for Surrey? I cant find anything on the website explaining how to do it?

Surrey sent a link to their portal. last year and I uploaded references directly.
I am assuming the arrangements are the same this year
Original post by Jo_rb

Could I ask what you mean by completed in one sitting? Is this the work experience form? If so you're saying you only have one shot at it and should have all your information about placements available beforehand? Does this essentially describe what you need or do you require references as well in it:

Original post by Louiseee_
They tend to just be a table form asking for name of placement, dates you were there, how long you were there and then a brief description of your duties or what you did there.
(edited 6 years ago)
Quick question regarding Liverpool's work experience form.
On the email it states:
"Number of days you attended (8 hours = 1 day); up to a maximum of five days per placement."
If I completed 2.7 weeks at an animal sanctuary over a period of time. (6 days, 5 days, and then odd days here and there), do I total this to 2.7 weeks?
Original post by sophielophie
Quick question regarding Liverpool's work experience form.
On the email it states:
"Number of days you attended (8 hours = 1 day); up to a maximum of five days per placement."
If I completed 2.7 weeks at an animal sanctuary over a period of time. (6 days, 5 days, and then odd days here and there), do I total this to 2.7 weeks?

Unfortunately you can only actually claim a MAX of 5 days PER placement on the WEQ.

It is a shame really, I have volunteered each week for a day for just under 2 years at a small animal vet practice and could only claim 5 days. There wasn't even a section where I could mention this!
Hey, I'm applying to Surrey as my only vet med option (I did worse in my exams than expected, currently on my gap year) I have 34 points overall but I'm one grade down in chemistry, how strict do you think they'll be?
Reply 590
Original post by Viapurifico

They send you an email to request that you complete it, which says everything that you need to have with you - basically dates and hours worked of placements, nothing about references though. It's basically in place of an interview I think, so there's a work experience form and then some other questions as well, but you shouldn't need any extra information for the questions. It's all in the email they send you.
Original post by Jo_rb
They send you an email to request that you complete it, which says everything that you need to have with you - basically dates and hours worked of placements, nothing about references though. It's basically in place of an interview I think, so there's a work experience form and then some other questions as well, but you shouldn't need any extra information for the questions. It's all in the email they send you.

Thank you. I'll try not to panic too much about it then.
Don't think ill be applying to veterinary this year
**** grades and **** work experience
Also is it worth applying with a predicted B in bio?
Good luck everybody! I'm applying to Glasgow and Edinburgh, anybody else?
Original post by VictiniCup
Also is it worth applying with a predicted B in bio?

Check all the entry requirements but I would probably say no, as many of them will reject you straightaway if you don't have the predicted A in biology
Hi everyone!

I got my questionnaires through from Nottingham today. I'm so excited!!

Anyway, I've been completing some WEX forms and I was wondering if Whipsnade Zoo's Zoo Academy course would count as work experience, as well as volunteering at a local animal based charity? Thank you!
As its so close to the deadline, ill just do it anyway.
There are now only FOUR DAYS left to the October deadline.

Apply asap - do not leave it to the last day.

Quick Reply