The Student Room Group

MORSE 2018 offer holders

Hey everyone ! Just received my offer to do MORSE as a 2018 applicant from Warwick. Not 100% sure about the degree - have many other people received their offers ?!?!

Thanks x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Rose12343546
Hey everyone ! Just received my offer to do MORSE as a 2018 applicant from Warwick. Not 100% sure about the degree - have many other people received their offers ?!?!

Thanks x

Hey congrats!!! When did you apply?
Original post by Bryn6080
Hey congrats!!! When did you apply?

Thanks! And lol like 2 days ago ahah
Reply 3
Thanks! And lol like 2 days ago ahah

Wow, that's impressive! May I ask your predicted, AS and GCSE grades?
Wow, that's impressive! May I ask your predicted, AS and GCSE grades?

They're alright

7a* 3as 1b at GCSE
AABB at AS
Predicted:
A* maths
A* econ
A further maths

Dunno how I got an offer I wrote about only economics in my personal statement hahah
Reply 5
They're alright

7a* 3as 1b at GCSE
AABB at AS
Predicted:
A* maths
A* econ
A further maths

Dunno how I got an offer I wrote about only economics in my personal statement hahah

I applied for Economics at Warwick and elsewhere. Am predicted 4A*s in Maths, F Maths, Eco and Chem and got 8A*s 3As at GCSEs. Also, as it is a very unique course, Warwick specifically says that it is fine to have your PS solely on Economics.
I applied for Economics at Warwick and elsewhere. Am predicted 4A*s in Maths, F Maths, Eco and Chem and got 8A*s 3As at GCSEs. Also, as it is a very unique course, Warwick specifically says that it is fine to have your PS solely on Economics.

Wow those are Amazing grades !! You should be so proud !! I've also applied for economics at Warwick ahah maybe I'll see u there
Reply 7
Wow those are Amazing grades !! You should be so proud !! I've also applied for economics at Warwick ahah maybe I'll see u there

Ahahah thanks! And maybe. Where else have you applied?
Ahahah thanks! And maybe. Where else have you applied?

Oxford
Warwick
UCL
Notts

Wbu ? :smile:
Reply 9
Oxford
Warwick
UCL
Notts

Wbu ? :smile:

Similar :smile:

Cam
LSE
UCL
Warwick
Notts
Reply 10

Thanks x

Hey, I've also just received an offer from them for MORSE. Feel similar to you as have applied for straight economics at Cambridge, Warwick and Bath, and Economics and Econometrics at Bristol but thought I'd throw MORSE in as a bonus ball.
(edited 6 years ago)

Thanks x

I applied for mathematics but MORSE looks very interesting and I’m tempted to change one of my courses to MORSE. Could I ask what made you apply for MORSE as I am a bit unsure ?
I got my offer on 13/10!! A*AA, which are my predicted grades, but AAA with a merit in the AEA.

I think I'll more likely end up with A*A*B, does anyone know if they're likely to budge for that?
I got the offer on 18th in October and I sent my application on October 11th
Aye, may see you guys there next year hopefully, I got my offer on 25th October, needing A*AA or AAA with grade 2 in any step paper 🤙
hiii, i applied for morse too but i havnt heard anything from warwick yet:frown:( does that mean i have less chance to get an offer:frown:(( i sent in my application in mid oct..a bit scaredd now
My prediction is A*A*B where further maths is a B. My teachers say my PS is very good so what do you guys think is the likelihood of me getting an offer?
Original post by Miss Georgia
I got my offer on 13/10!! A*AA, which are my predicted grades, but AAA with a merit in the AEA.

I think I'll more likely end up with A*A*B, does anyone know if they're likely to budge for that?

My friend is doing Politics, but she needed AAA and got A*AB and they still let her in.

By the way,
There is a Warwick Applicants and Offer Holders group (and chat) on Facebook if you want to join and get to know other prospective students The link is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/168900813713344/
I am a second year MORSE student currently so PM me if you have any questions :smile:
Original post by Miss Georgia

Are edexcel still doing maths aea? they seem to be saying its the last year every year....

Quick Reply

Latest