The Student Room Group

Killer Cosine’s walk to A*A*A

Decided to do a Grow your grades thread because I feel like it will motivate me to actually achieve my goal to study .

I’m not 100% of what course I want to do. But for now I’m hoping for Medicine ( want to do mathematics but I was stupid enough to chose Spanish over further maths )

More about me-

GCSE-A*A*A*AAAAABBC ( flippin’ C in art.:angry:)

A level - AQA Biology
AQA Chemistry
EDEXCEL Mathematics
AQA Spanish.

Currently in year 12 as of sept.2017.

EDIT- Aiming for A* in Maths ( ofcourse) , A* in Biology and high A in Chemistry.

Cross fingers .
(edited 6 years ago)
Today , my mom has decided to bring us to a Turkish restaurant after school. Yummy!

Not doing maths today since my brain is fried from doing over 40+ questions .
Tomorrow, my maths teacher will teach us again after the dreadful two weeks of not having him due to paternity leave.
Probably , he is going to give the results for our mini tests . I was very noisy and picky to the head of department - I got 91% and the highest in the class!

18:30
Going to go over my chemistry homework on enthalpy and Hess laws ( I hate it).
At about 7:30pm I will start to revise on what I’ve sone so far on chemistry , finish any notes .
20:30-
Reply 2
Hess' Law is easy if you make the triangle
Original post by SGHD26716
Hess' Law is easy if you make the triangle

I get the main ideas but it’s confusing. Today , I came out of a very dreadful lesson :angry:so confused . You don’t know how bad my chemistry lessons are.

Going to revise for it hopefully I will get it .
bring you to a turkish restaurant. my brain cant process it i am burning from my head.
Reply 5
Original post by KillerCosine
I get the main ideas but it’s confusing. Today , I came out of a very dreadful lesson :angry:so confused . You don’t know how bad my chemistry lessons are.

I know the feeling from a couple of years ago now.

Literally all you need to know for AS Hess Law

For changes of combustion:

For changes of formation the arrows pointing down are reversed
Reply 6

Oh my god
we did Hess' Law as well today, it was the worst lesson ever, confusing af
Chemistry was my favourite until this year and my teacher is racist
Original post by Bukalemun123
bring you to a turkish restaurant. my brain cant process it i am burning from my head.

Lol.
oh hell, you're doing the new spec maths. is it linear now? or is it only a syllabus change.
Original post by iqra2159
Oh my god
we did Hess' Law as well today, it was the worst lesson ever, confusing af
Chemistry was my favourite until this year and my teacher is racist

I know right. It is a simple topic but my teacher made seem like a university type of topic .
Omg , I used to have a racist teacher back in primary omg I feel for u .
My teacher is just so ... he is somehow nice but at the same time he cannot teach a level chemistry .
Original post by Bukalemun123
oh hell, you're doing the new spec maths. is it linear now? or is it only a syllabus change.

Yes , the new spec . It is linear which I find annoying tbh , in therms of topics they are the same - but the exams are going to be more different since we are allowed to use calculator for all three exams . But ya know life is life .
Reply 11
I know right. It is a simple topic but my teacher made seem like a university type of topic .
Omg , I used to have a racist teacher back in primary omg I feel for u .
My teacher is just so ... he is somehow nice but at the same time he cannot teach a level chemistry .

Whenever we talk about a German scientist she starts doing the Nazi salute and walks around the class
Original post by iqra2159
Whenever we talk about a German scientist she starts doing the Nazi salute and walks around the class

No way that’s so weird !
Hi, I've just started my A-levels and want to study veterinary medicine. I was predicted all A*s (apart from further maths as I didn't have a prediction) and sat my GCSEs this year.

GCSEs
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Art - A*
English Literature - 8
RE - A
Maths - 7
English Language - 7
Physics - A
ICT - A
Geography - A
Further Maths - B
French - C

4A*s, 6As, 1B and 1C

For A-levels I have decided to pick 4 and possibly drop one within the first year or first few months.

AS levels
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Further maths

I was wondering are you enjoying your A-levels and have you had any medical work experience?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by OrangeArcher
Hi, I've just started my A-levels and want to study veterinary medicine. I was predicted all A*s (apart from further maths as I didn't have a prediction) and sat my GCSEs this year.

GCSEs
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Art - A*
English Literature - 8
RE - A
Maths - 7
English Language - 7
Physics - A
ICT - A
Geography - A
Further Maths - B
French - C

4A*s, 6As, 1B and 1C

For A-levels I have decided to pick 4 and possibly drop one within the first year or first few months.

AS levels
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Further maths

I was wondering are you enjoying your A-levels and have you had any medical work experience?

I’m enjoying A levels , mainly maths though. In terms of Medical work experience I’ve applied for volunteering at my local hospital for December :smile: . Il do more work experience during spring term and summer of next year .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending