The Student Room Group

Maths help

Can somebody help with this, I'll give 5 GBP on PayPal whoever works ou the answers. This is due tomorrow so ASAP Please!

https://i.gyazo.com/3b45ce853dea74b19d19e0f64fe16cce.png
Reply 1
Er no thanks I don't wanna fry my brain
Reply 2
Original post by Mathsnoon
Can somebody help with this, I'll give 5 GBP on PayPal whoever works ou the answers. This is due tomorrow so ASAP Please!

Is that your working? It seems confused. What was the original question?

And you don't need to offer money - this is a free maths help forum :smile:
I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with this, several of the implications/equivalences (steps?) are false.
Reply 4
Original post by _gcx
I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with this, several of the implications/equivalences (steps?) are false.

They're all false really since an expression can't imply an expression :smile:
Original post by Notnek

I assumed that some of the     \iff were intended as     \implies, otherwise it makes absolutely no sense :tongue:

What is the question? There's lots of mistakes in your simplifying and factorising.
Reply 7
Original post by _gcx
I assumed that some of the     \iff were intended as     \implies, otherwise it makes absolutely no sense :tongue:

Even then it wouldn't make sense. None of the expressions are true/false statements so it's like saying

The catThe dog\text{The cat} \Rightarrow \text{The dog}

Equals signs would be better (but they're still mostly false).
Reply 8
Original post by iqra2159
Er no thanks I don't wanna fry my brain

Original post by Notnek
Is that your working? It seems confused. What was the original question?

And you don't need to offer money - this is a free maths help forum :smile:

Original post by _gcx

Original post by Notnek

Original post by _gcx

Original post by ManLike007
What is the question? There's lots of mistakes in your simplifying and factorising.

Original post by Notnek
Even then it wouldn't make sense. None of the expressions are true/false statements so it's like saying

Sorry! The question is "find the mistakes between the equation steps and solve them so the step by step solution is correct "
Original post by Notnek

Using the OP's last bit, I meant as in [(2x3)(2x+3)4x29]    [4x292x3][(2x-3)(2x+3) \equiv 4x^2 - 9] \implies [\sqrt{4x^2 - 9} \equiv 2x - 3] (that's the only way I can make any sense out of what the OP has done, but they should probably clarify)
(edited 6 years ago)
Sorry! The question is "find the mistakes between the equation steps and solve them so the step by step solution is correct "

What is the working actually trying to do/solve? It's very unclear.

Quick Reply

Latest