The Student Room Group

Are these good uni options?

Hello, I got 4 A*, 3A and 3 B in my GCSEs. An A* in maths and additional science, an A in core science and 2 Bs in English. I am predicted an A*AA in my A levels and I have done maths early getting an A. I got 655 in the UKCAT and a band 2. With these stats, I have narrowed the options to kings emdp, Liverpool, St Georges, and Manchester. but for Manchester, I meet the WP plus flag meaning the ukcat requirement would be reduced.
Do these sound like good options to apply to?
Original post by Faze337
Hello, I got 4 A*, 3A and 3 B in my GCSEs. An A* in maths and additional science, an A in core science and 2 Bs in English. I am predicted an A*AA in my A levels and I have done maths early getting an A. I got 655 in the UKCAT and a band 2. With these stats, I have narrowed the options to kings emdp, Liverpool, St Georges, and Manchester. but for Manchester, I meet the WP plus flag meaning the ukcat requirement would be reduced.
Do these sound like good options to apply to?

YOU AND I HAVE SIMILAR STATS!!
GCSEs: 4A* 2A 2B
UKCAT: 657.5 Band 2
Predicted: A*AA
Unis applying to: Keele, HYMS, Liverpool, Bristol

GOOD LUCK in your application!!!
Reply 2
Original post by TracyEmu
YOU AND I HAVE SIMILAR STATS!!
GCSEs: 4A* 2A 2B
UKCAT: 657.5 Band 2
Predicted: A*AA
Unis applying to: Keele, HYMS, Liverpool, Bristol

GOOD LUCK in your application!!!

thank you. wow, that is amazing how close our stats are together! hopefully, you get into your univerisities.
Original post by Faze337
thank you. wow, that is amazing how close our stats are together! hopefully, you get into your univerisities.

I pray so. how do you feel about your PS?
Reply 4
I pray so. how do you feel about your PS?

I feel my personal statement is quite good. I spoke a lot about volunteering and work experience. why don't you apply St George's, I think you have the ukcat score to get in. how is your personal statement?
Original post by Faze337
I feel my personal statement is quite good. I spoke a lot about volunteering and work experience. why don't you apply St George's, I think you have the ukcat score to get in. how is your personal statement?

will St George be your first choice?

I am happy and feeling quite confident about my PS. St George is in London quite far from home and I don't feel like studying in a busy and expensive city.
Reply 6
will St George be your first choice?

I am happy and feeling quite confident about my PS. St George is in London quite far from home and I don't feel like studying in a busy and expensive city.

I live in London and want to stay here so St Georges would be my second choice after kings. I understand not wanting to apply to a busy uni. it is good that you feel confident about your PS. bristol is a very PS based uni. hopefully, u get in
Original post by Faze337
I live in London and want to stay here so St Georges would be my second choice after kings. I understand not wanting to apply to a busy uni. it is good that you feel confident about your PS. bristol is a very PS based uni. hopefully, u get in

Thank you very much. Bristol is MEGA COMPETITIVE and I pray I get an offer.

once again, Good luck and wish you all the best in your application!!

Quick Reply

Latest