The Student Room Group

Why do so many people on here spell 'college' as 'collage'?

It's incredibly frustrating when people do this. You're going to an educational institution, you're not cutting out pictures in magazines and sticking them on a piece of cardboard. People spell it like this multiple times during their posts so it's clearly not a single mistake.

How can you go somewhere multiple times a week that has a massive sign at the front of the building stating it's a college and then not be able to spell it? People applying for college spell it incorrectly as well, if you're serious about going somewhere then you should at least know how to spell it.
Wait people spell college as collage? What kind of posh nonse-
Reply 2
Literally not seen that once on this forum.

Also, it's not that deep. Why do you care?
Reply 3
"Posted in everyday issues". bit sad to be honest.
Reply 4
Maybe they actually want to make a collage.
Original post by Glassapple
It's incredibly frustrating when people do this. You're going to an educational institution, you're not cutting out pictures in magazines and sticking them on a piece of cardboard. People spell it like this multiple times during their posts so it's clearly not a single mistake.

How can you go somewhere multiple times a week that has a massive sign at the front of the building stating it's a college and then not be able to spell it? People applying for college spell it incorrectly as well, if you're serious about going somewhere then you should at least know how to spell it.

I have been thinking to apply for collage just finished my GCSE's do you reckon it's worth doing A-levels at collage or a BTEC rather?
Original post by SGHD26716
Literally not seen that once on this forum.

Also, it's not that deep. Why do you care?

It's all over TSR, clearly you're not reading the right threads. I care because it's annoying that people expect others to help them when they can't even spell where they go/where they want to go.

Original post by Pedaly7
"Posted in everyday issues". bit sad to be honest.

Where else do you expect me to post it? If TSR creates an 'Annoying spelling mistakes' section I'll post it in there.

Original post by Black Cat
I have been thinking to apply for collage just finished my GCSE's do you reckon it's worth doing A-levels at collage or a BTEC rather?

That's exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Glassapple

That's exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about.

You didn't answer my question though, never mind.

I'll find out once I start collage next year.
Reply 8
Collage at my iggy on the map

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending