The Student Room Group

What will I get predicted?

I'm currently in Year 11 and was wondering about the following.

How did your grades get predicted for GCSE?

What did you get in your End of Year 10?

Do mocks make a difference to predicted grades?

Do teachers predict higher or realistically? ( dumb question but eh can't blame me for asking).

If you didn't pass math at end of year 10 what did you get predicted/what would you get predicted?

Appreciated :smile:
Original post by Oneiropólos

Do teachers predict higher or realistically? ( dumb question but eh can't blame me for asking).

If you didn't pass math at end of year 10 what did you get predicted/what would you get predicted?

GCSE predictions mean absolutely nothing and are not worth thinking about. Universities never see them and they're obviously replaced when you get your actual GCSE results. GCSE predictions are literally just for internal monitoring for your school to track your progress, they are meaningless outside of that. Mocks will make a difference to your predictions because obviously they will show if you have improved or not, but as I said these predictions are worthless and mean nothing at all.

We don't know. Usually your mocks will be used to craft your GCSE predictions. GCSE predictions are only used for sixth form entry, they mean comparatively little to A-level predictions. Doubt most people can remember what they were predicted for GCSE.
For English I got predicted a 4 and a 5 because I got a 3 and a 4 for my Year 10 Mocks.For my GCSE's I got an 8 for Eng lit (the one I got a 3 on in my mock) and a 6 for Eng lang .Predicted grades mean nothing, it either motivates someone to do better, or demotivates them to think that they aren't smart. Predicted grades mean nothing, I didn't let those predicted grades to define me. Work hard and do it in small manageable chunks and you'll get the results you deserve

I was predicted a D in maths, I ended up actually revising for it and got 95%... predicted grades mean nothing, mine were AABBBBCCCDD; and these were done based on previous internal exams with my school. I found teachers predict higher because students (like me) actually revise for their exams then; well... some them anyway :wink:
I ended up with A*A*A*A*AAAABBC, don't know about passing maths, although I've heard that you go to college to retake it, but in terms of uni, you destroy yourself as they only take the results from on sitting, so whatever you do.... don't fail it
For English I got predicted a 4 and a 5 because I got a 3 and a 4 for my Year 10 Mocks. For my GCSE's I got an 8 for Eng lit (the one I got a 3 on in my mock) and a 6 for Eng lang . Predicted grades mean nothing, it either motivates someone to do better, or demotivates them to think that they aren't smart. Predicted grades mean nothing, I didn't let those predicted grades to define me. Work hard and do it in small manageable chunks and you'll get the results you deserve
Original post by Anonymouse 921
I was predicted a D in maths, I ended up actually revising for it and got 95%... predicted grades mean nothing, mine were AABBBBCCCDD; and these were done based on previous internal exams with my school. I found teachers predict higher because students (like me) actually revise for their exams then; well... some them anyway :wink:
I ended up with A*A*A*A*AAAABBC, don't know about passing maths, although I've heard that you go to college to retake it, but in terms of uni, you destroy yourself as they only take the results from on sitting, so whatever you do.... don't fail it

I'm in same predicament with maths at the moment. How did you revise for mocks and GCSE math? That would really help me!
Thanks so much everyone for your replies aswell!!
I'm in same predicament with maths at the moment. How did you revise for mocks and GCSE math? That would really help me!
Thanks so much everyone for your replies aswell!!

I used websites like these:
http://www.mathsaurus.com/
http://mathswebsite.com/login

to learn all of the theory, did every past paper and every question in the textbook. I would recommend buying a whiteboard to do questions on as I found it easier to do it that way (I have a 1x.5m whiteboard on my wall).

Sorry for the late reply

Quick Reply

Latest