The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Maybe its linked with the rise in terrorist attacks and murders?

So the article says
Between March and July, there were 17 offences - up from eight over the same period in 2016. Some mosques reported receiving bomb threats as well as worshippers being assaulted.

In the same period there were the following attacks and murders., so hardly a surprise that there were 9 more reported incidents than the previous year. The surprise is that there werent many more considering the incidents below. Thats not condoning it, but its a bit retarded not to look at a situation in context.

22 March 2017: At around 14:40 GMT, Briton Khalid Masood, drove a car into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge before crashing the car into the perimeter fence of the British Parliament in Westminster London. Masood then exited the vehicle and stabbed a police officer before being shot dead by police. About 40 people were injured and there were six deaths (including the police officer and Masood).[104]

The Manchester Arena bombing was an Islamist-extremism-inspired terror attack in Manchester, United Kingdom. On 22 May 2017 a shrapnel-laden homemade bomb was detonated as people were leaving Manchester Arena following a concert by the American singer Ariana Grande. Twenty-three people were killed, including the attacker, and 250 were injured.
After initial suspicions of a terrorist network, police later said they believed the bomber, Salman Ramadan Abedi, had largely acted alone but that others had been aware of his plans.

3 June 2017: a van with 3 attackers inside was driven into pedestrians on London Bridge at 21:58 GMT. After exiting the vehicle, the attackers stabbed people in pubs and restaurants in nearby Borough Market before being shot dead by police at 22:16. Eleven people were killed, including the three attackers and 48 people were injured.

19 June 2017: a van was driven into people walking near Finsbury Park Mosque in London after tarawih prayers.There were eleven injuries and one person died, although whether this victim died from the attack is unclear. The police declared the incident a terrorist attack.[105][106]

(edited 6 years ago)
Bush did 9/11.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger

That doesn't justify it in the slightest, I'm sure you'd agree. These attacks against peaceful Islamic communities in the UK are committed by hateful idiots just like terror attacks
Original post by desaf1
That doesn't justify it in the slightest, I'm sure you'd agree. These attacks against peaceful Islamic communities in the UK are committed by hateful idiots just like terror attacks

I never said it did, but put it in context.
People will always believe what others have said if they have no other answer to what it is about. People would rather have an untrue answer rather than no answer. (Basically, they believe in this because it is easy too, rather than thinking for themselves. Also, people don't like the unknown so they believe in what others say even if they don't know anything about the subject.)
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger

Unfortunately, yes it is. Whenever there's a high-profile attack, thuggery and hate crime goes way up. Basically idiots undertaking "revenge" attacks against innocent people. It's pretty horrible but not the least bit unexpected.
Reply 7
The right as usual
Original post by desaf1

Agreed. However, Islam is a hateful religion. That cannot excuse attacks against people doing nothing to harm anyone.
It's just a cycle of hate, will there ever be peace? :frown:
Original post by Dez
Unfortunately, yes it is. Whenever there's a high-profile attack, thuggery and hate crime goes way up. Basically idiots undertaking "revenge" attacks against innocent people. It's pretty horrible but not the least bit unexpected.

It's hard for people who want to fight this threat as they don't what to actually fight, as the threat is everywhere.

I'm not justifying any form of violence at all though.
Hasn't there been way more terrorist attacks recently?

Not defending/justifying it but the reasons obvious.
This is what you wanted trump

the synagogue around the corner from me has 24 hours CCTV bag searches an alarm and guards outside during times of worship. Don't think that Muslim places of worship only get attack because there been rise on attack on other religious building as well.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Conflict is a basic fact of life. Two different peoples, ideologies, etc. will always lead to conflict. The conflict between Islam and, well, pretty much everyone else is severe enough that violence is inevitable.

Sad truth.
i'm not a single bit surprised by this.
Conflict is a basic fact of life. Two different peoples, ideologies, etc. will always lead to conflict. The conflict between Islam and, well, pretty much everyone else is severe enough that violence is inevitable.

Primordialist rubbish.
The media needs to take greater responsibility in not fueling the hatred which underpins these crimes. Just because you're not the one throwing the punch, does not mean you bear none of the blame.

Really? I mean I'm a follower of Islam and have never been violent towards non Muslims or had any 'conflicts' with anyone. Inevitable LOOOLL.

Ignorant idiotic prats from all backgrounds would be hateful with some resorting to violence - that's inevitable. Not normal people. For the majority of people, non-Muslim and Muslim alike, we get along and go about our daily lives without thinking about how we conflict with each other. Literally besides 0.1% of mentally unstable people, no one sits around and thinks about how they can attack other people for having different beliefs to them.
Original post by Ribbit1234
Really? I mean I'm a follower of Islam and have never been violent towards non Muslims or had any 'conflicts' with anyone. Inevitable LOOOLL.

Ignorant idiotic prats from all backgrounds would be hateful with some resorting to violence - that's inevitable. Not normal people. For the majority of people, non-Muslim and Muslim alike, we get along and go about our daily lives without thinking about how we conflict with each other. Literally besides 0.1% of mentally unstable people, no one sits around and thinks about how they can attack other people for having different beliefs to them.

You believe Muhammad was mentally unstable?

Latest

Trending

Trending