The Student Room Group

Why can't I work?

I have been sitting in front of my screen for four hours and I still cannot even form one simple sentence for my English essay! Does this happen to everyone? What should I do? I really need to finish this essay :/
It happens to everyone. Why not set a reward for yourself after you have finished or have done a certain number of hours of work?

If you are in your room, go to the library. Staying at home has too many distractions - food, tea, Netflix...
Reply 2
Original post by cheesecakelove
It happens to everyone. Why not set a reward for yourself after you have finished or have done a certain number of hours of work?

If you are in your room, go to the library. Staying at home has too many distractions - food, tea, Netflix...

I did set a reward for myself. Chocolate biscuits which I ended up eating :s-smilie:
And now I'm just procrastinating.
Chocolate biscuits are supposed to be for after you have done some work! :tongue:

Take a short break (not too long) and then go back to work.
turn off wifi...there u go...end to all problems
My advice would be to turn off all your devices that you don’t need such as your phone and move them into another room and solely focus on doing work. That’s usually the only thing that helps me focus although it does take a lot of willpower to do in the first place haha!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by EmilySarah00
My advice would be to turn off all your devices that you don’t need such as your phone and move them into another room and solely focus on doing work. That’s usually the only thing that helps me focus although it does take a lot of willpower to do in the first place haha!

Einstein...he needs to write an essay...he needs laptop...so yh...

your point is invalid:smile:
Original post by GetMeAnA*
Einstein...he needs to write an essay...he needs laptop...so yh...

your point is invalid:smile:

Well in that case close all your tabs besides those that you need for the work, turn off facebook notifications etc and crack down on work.. not rocket science
Well in that case close all your tabs besides those that you need for the work, turn off facebook notifications etc and crack down on work.. not rocket science

well sunshine..then you are not turning off all devices are you? so your point is still invalid...

Just listen to my advice...just turn off WiFI

And Emily b i think you should turn wifi off for now too...time to say goodbye

Goodnight
well sunshine..then you are not turning off all devices are you? so your point is still invalid...

Just listen to my advice...just turn off WiFI

And Emily b i think you should turn wifi off for now too...time to say goodbye

Goodnight

I never even said turn off all devices, I said turn off those you don’t need (there’s a difference.) So tone down the sarcasm for a second and read before you respond.
I never even said turn off all devices, I said turn off those you don’t need (there’s a difference.) So tone down the sarcasm for a second and read before you respond.

Babe...
Last edited by EmilySarah00; 8 minutes ago at 21:20. Reason: TDA Post Edit

I aint dumb sunshine...so dont try act all einstein on me

it's ok...you're just tired...i suggest you go sleepy time
(edited 6 years ago)
Babe...
Last edited by EmilySarah00; 8 minutes ago at 21:20. Reason: TDA Post Edit

I aint dumb sunshine...so dont try act all einstein on me

it's ok...you're just tired...i suggest you go sleepy time

I literally edited it because I put an x on the end instead of an exclamation mark, and did that before you starting being clever with me. But you know, whatever makes you happy
I literally edited it because I put an x on the end instead of an exclamation mark, and did that before you starting being clever with me. But you know, whatever makes you happy

it's ok no need to justify all kool in the hood
Well for a start...

Get off TSR
Original post by cc85734
Well for a start...

Get off TSR

exactly what im saying

Quick Reply

Latest