The Student Room Group

Rejected by Cambridge for overseas interview

Hey, sorry I'm a tad bit confused here as to whether I have a shot. I applied for Cambridge recently and opted for an overseas interview but I just received an email saying that I was rejected for the overseas interview however and I quote "Your application will however still be considered by your Cambridge College". Does this mean that I still have a shot at getting an interview?
Reply 1
Oh and I am still required to take my pre interview written assessment test?
Reply 2
Original post by Emsterdamz
Hey, sorry I'm a tad bit confused here as to whether I have a shot. I applied for Cambridge recently and opted for an overseas interview but I just received an email saying that I was rejected for the overseas interview however and I quote "Your application will however still be considered by your Cambridge College". Does this mean that I still have a shot at getting an interview?

I'm in the same boat as you :frown:

It means that they didn't have space for you to be interviewed in the country you applied in, due to them prioritising stronger applicants - however it is really weird because according to my college counsellor they have never sent out rejections to international applicants who meet the requirements.

You may still be called for interview in the UK, as they may decide to give you an interview based on your admissions assessment. So you still have shot, but don't get your hopes up ( mine certainly aren't)

I would still email Cambridge admissions to clarify.

P. S Are you from Malaysia or Singapore? I've heard that more people have gotten rejected for an overseas interview than is typical.
Reply 3

It just means they have too many applicants and too few slots for the overseas interviews.

Oh and I am still required to take my pre interview written assessment test?

Yes
Reply 4
I got rejected for overseas interview in India yesterday but got an invitation to interview in Cambridge today.

Your question has been answered by other posters.

I strongly advise that if you are offered the option to interview at cambridge, then accept it.

All the best
"Today on TSR - Rejected from Cambridge for this"

Doons, your clickbait is out of control.

Edit: Looks like the mods have edited the thread title to fit the clickbait. :rofl: It didn't say "rejected" before.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending