The Student Room Group

Assessing my parents income

I sent my application off to SFE on the 1st of September for my full time course and asked for the maximum amount on everything. I then received my online notification of entitlement on the 2nd of September, with the physical letter having a date of 4th September on it, both stating that because I had sent my application so close to the start of term and my parents had not yet entered their financial information, that I would be given the minimum amount of £3653 until the financial information was provided. My parents submitted their information within about a week of this and I sent in my declaration form within a similar time frame (sorry I can't be more specific). I have since received my first maintenance payment of about £1200, but have heard nothing from SFE since early September. I'm especially worried that my parents financial information was not received, which is why I have not heard anything. Does it usually take this long before I hear anything back from SFE? Would it be a good idea to phone SFE?
Original post by PhazonSam
I sent my application off to SFE on the 1st of September for my full time course and asked for the maximum amount on everything. I then received my online notification of entitlement on the 2nd of September, with the physical letter having a date of 4th September on it, both stating that because I had sent my application so close to the start of term and my parents had not yet entered their financial information, that I would be given the minimum amount of £3653 until the financial information was provided. My parents submitted their information within about a week of this and I sent in my declaration form within a similar time frame (sorry I can't be more specific). I have since received my first maintenance payment of about £1200, but have heard nothing from SFE since early September. I'm especially worried that my parents financial information was not received, which is why I have not heard anything. Does it usually take this long before I hear anything back from SFE? Would it be a good idea to phone SFE?

Hi PhazonSam,

This is the time of year where our processing queues are at their longest. If your parents provided their financial information in early September after the basic funding had been awarded then it would still be in the queue to be processed.

The current timescale in this scenario is 29 working days. If you can find out when they submitted the information you would have a pretty good idea of when you would see any updates in your online student finance account.

Regards,

Stuart

Quick Reply