The Student Room Group

Rolls Royce Graduate 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maanjawed
Hi,

Has everyone who's been successful in getting a graduate position hold a Masters degree?

I'm currently studying a BEng in Mechanical Engineering.

I hold a MEng in Mechanical Engineering and I was successful. RR does prefer MEng or BEng + MSc students.

Original post by Imansyah17
Hello Everyone..
I have some questions, i have applied for operations management graduate program at RR in few weeks ago, and now i am waiting for video interview by skype, but they dont get in touch with me until now.
i am little bit nervous because it's been a few weeks but my submission status it's still under review. could anyone help me what should i prepare or any tips for the video interview, because it is my first experience for video interview by skype. thanks

I did not have to do a Skype interview so I can't quite help you. Do you know if it is going to be technical or competency?
i don't have any idea it's about technically or about competency for the video interview by skype, but if its about technically or competency, what should i prepare for management operations program. thanks
Reply 42
Hello SharedKnowledge, your post regarding assessment centre giving detailed information is really helpful. I have been invited to assessment centre for Manufacturing Engineering Graduate Programme and need to know about some extra information regarding technical interview. Your advice regarding this will be very much helpful.
Reply 43
Is there anyone that has applied for a non-technical graduate role been given a date for the AC? On my job profile, it says I've been successful so far and they'll email me details soon regarding the Assessment Centre date. This was 2 weeks ago
Hi! Just received an invitation for an assessment day, a little worried about the technical interview as does everyone I've come across online. I've seen advice and example questions but they seem very engineering dominated. I applied for the Procurement grad scheme and my degree is not related to this programme whatsoever so I'm concerned about how in-depth the questions will be. All I can think of to do is teach myself about general procurement and maybe some supply chain processes (as I know the two functions are closely linked) and key terms but there is obviously a limit on how much I can learn about a whole function over the internet.
Original post by Echo2017
Is there anyone that has applied for a non-technical graduate role been given a date for the AC? On my job profile, it says I've been successful so far and they'll email me details soon regarding the Assessment Centre date. This was 2 weeks ago

Hey Echo, I applied to the HR Graduate Scheme and passed the online assessments 2 and a half weeks ago but still haven't heard a reply back! They stayed up to 4 weeks so I'm waiting on them. What scheme did you apply to?
Original post by FuturisticOwl
Hey Echo, I applied to the HR Graduate Scheme and passed the online assessments 2 and a half weeks ago but still haven't heard a reply back! They stayed up to 4 weeks so I'm waiting on them. What scheme did you apply to?

Did you apply for the Jan 2018 intake? I applied for Procurement and got an invitation to the assessment day yesterday.
Reply 47

Hi I'm in the same position. I applied for the Customer & Services Management scheme for Jan 2018. I assumed that we would have the AC this month since the start date is a couple of months away.

Check your job profile, I saw that I'd be getting an invite for the AC but still waiting on the email.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Missy_ls
Did you apply for the Jan 2018 intake? I applied for Procurement and got an invitation to the assessment day yesterday.

Oh I see, I applied for the September 2018 intake so I probably have a long wait ahead of me! Best of luck in your AC coming up!
Hi I'm in the same position. I applied for the Customer & Services Management scheme for Jan 2018. I assumed that we would have the AC this month since the start date is a couple of months away.

Check your job profile, I saw that I'd be getting an invite for the AC but still waiting on the email.

Just logged into their website and seen that I'm still due to receive an email inviting my to the AC but I still have time whereas you've applied to the scheme starting in January 2018! Best of luck in waiting to hear your response and in the AC
Reply 50
Just logged into their website and seen that I'm still due to receive an email inviting my to the AC but I still have time whereas you've applied to the scheme starting in January 2018! Best of luck in waiting to hear your response and in the AC

Hopefully soon! Thanks and you too!
is there anybody doing interview by skype? for operations management graduate development program?
Reply 52
Just received a call from someone from HR & received the invitation for the AC, but waiting for time slots to be available. I'm a bit nervous for the written case study
Reply 53
I've applied for the Customer & Services management (Sept 2018 start)

Completed the tests this morning and got an email to say I've passed - pleasantly surprised as the tests seemed harder than some others I have done!

Hoping to get through to the AC stage - any idea how long after passing tests the invitation/phone call is likely to come?
Reply 54
Original post by pallan
I've applied for the Customer & Services management (Sept 2018 start)

Completed the tests this morning and got an email to say I've passed - pleasantly surprised as the tests seemed harder than some others I have done!

Hoping to get through to the AC stage - any idea how long after passing tests the invitation/phone call is likely to come?

It took about 3 weeks for me but I applied the day after the job opened! Should be a bit faster for you as assessment centres start next week and throughout November.
Reply 55
It took about 3 weeks for me but I applied the day after the job opened! Should be a bit faster for you as assessment centres start next week and throughout November.

Weird coincidence - got an invitation to the assessment centre tonight and have booked on the 18/10 one (only option I was given!)
Reply 56
Original post by pallan
Weird coincidence - got an invitation to the assessment centre tonight and have booked on the 18/10 one (only option I was given!)

Congrats! I was given the same one. I was told that if I can't make that one, the next one is in Nov & the job is first come first serve. It's in Derby right?
Reply 57
Congrats! I was given the same one. I was told that if I can't make that one, the next one is in Nov & the job is first come first serve. It's in Derby right?

Yeah, Derby! Which role are you applying to? I've applied for the Customer and Services management role and the 'technical interview' is puzzling me

With an engineering type role you can somewhat guess what they might ask but no idea how technical they could get for C&SM
Reply 58
Original post by pallan
Yeah, Derby! Which role are you applying to? I've applied for the Customer and Services management role and the 'technical interview' is puzzling me

With an engineering type role you can somewhat guess what they might ask but no idea how technical they could get for C&SM

The same role for Jan 2018. I think its very specific to the role itself. I don't think they'll ask us about engines but I have no idea. Think the focus will be leadership, strategic decisions maybe
Reply 59
Hey everyone! I applied for the Operations Management scheme for the 2018 September intake. Applied like 3 weeks ago and got invited for an assessment centre taking place on the 19th. Anyone else in the same situation? Worried about the technical interview :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending