The Student Room Group

views on feminism.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by TheCompStudent
Your profile picture is a dog wearing glasses, you think that isn't cringe..?

You ****ing idiot

you've got a point!
Reply 61
I'm sure your father molested you and that's why you turned out like this. He probably raped you hard whilst you were sleeping too but I don't blame him. He did it for you. He did it for your good. Otherwise you would've remained as a slutty ugly virgin.

Peace,
Your annihilator

"The women who cried rape"
Reply 63
Original post by ElAshtonio
"The women who cried rape"

Your profile picture is a dog wearing glasses, you think that isn't cringe..?

You ****ing idiot

You've got a point... Sir
Original post by wonderuss
Well it's those countries that need feminists then not western countries where women already have their rights

can't believe people are upvoting you. Some of these women cannot fight for their own rights they're not given the right to speak out. I don't see why western countries can't support them
Original post by Sparks17
a lot of it just down to their culture, not genuine sexism and malice though.

It is geniune sexism though. Their cultures allow the promotion of the treatment of women as second-rate citizens ergo inequality between the sexes ergo sexism
(edited 6 years ago)
Focuses way too much on the problems that females face and ignores the problems that males face. Double standards work both ways.

Unfortunately there are still huge divides in some countries, and that needs to stop. But in much of the developed world, the "feminist movement" isn't really needed. Both genders suffer in some ways. Really it should be called "gender equality" or something.
Original post by arizonaidiot
Stage 4 cancer

Your username is very fitting, good pick.
Original post by TheMindGarage
Focuses way too much on the problems that females face and ignores the problems that males face. Double standards work both ways.

Unfortunately there are still huge divides in some countries, and that needs to stop. But in much of the developed world, the "feminist movement" isn't really needed. Both genders suffer in some ways. Really it should be called "gender equality" or something.

Maybe females in general just face more problems in the world and setbacks then men have you thought about. Men were never oppressed by their society for centuries, so their problems were dealt with accordingly. Not saying that they don't have problems, of course they do and I strive for equality for both sexes but people don't really put this into perspective.
It's pointless. Feminism is a hobby for bored privileged white women and they're dragging other people into their foolery with this lie that it's for third world and Middle Eastern women who still suffer lol. Hillary Clinton cares so much about the third world and Middle Eastern women but she has helped destroy these countries since before any of you were born 😄.

And yes people in the third world do suffer but a lot of it has to do with post-imperialism poverty which most feminists I'm sure do not care about. They want to bicker about wage gap when the difference between Ben and Amber's WAGES (not even salary for the same job but WAGES for totally different jobs) is more than what many third worlders get paid at ALL and guess what: its not because they're women are third world wages low... It's because of western world capitalism which many feminists in this part of the globe do quite well in, as only a woman with not much else to do can be a feminist.

We all know why feminism in the USA was even created and to still be a North American or British or western-European "feminist" is complete ****-stirring! The real "wage gap" is that between what white women and black women on average get paid, since you wanna go there.
Of course in earlier days they focused on women. It was meant to be for the opressed group so naturally they focused on giving them the same benefits that others already had.

Nowadays the big problems (at least in certain parts of the world) have been eradicated but there are still smaller things worth fighting for.
Feminism brought us more female heros in video games and filmes or gendering for example and while that probably doesnt mean much to you it means a lot to me.

The feminism group that I frequently encounter also try to fight for mens rights, for example their right to be taken seriously when faced with abuse.

So feminism IS trying to help men , the problem is most of them arent men so there is next to no input on what inequality men face.

In contrast there are a lot of apparently (because its the internet where one can be whoever they want) male commenters trying to dissuade feminist and call them names.
Its hard trying to fight for someone who doesnt want that help.
So instead of discrediting feminism maybe try to tell them what problems men face. Preferably without slandering them and feminism.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by TheMindGarage
Focuses way too much on the problems that females face and ignores the problems that males face. Double standards work both

Exactly. And focusing on male rights is far more "intersectional" since that's what feminists call themselves, "activists" these days just like to make their own words up. But anyway focusing on male rights a bit more ties in what white men go through like suicides and mental health and what black men go through chronically like unemployment and the penal system working against them, which is why black women constantly have to be "strong and independent". Because the men are missing from the household. So I don't need to be a feminist thank you. I have to be an empowered woman whether I like it or not. 😂

Meanwhile feminists are bickering about nonsense, poking their noses into other people's countries and cultures to convenience their illegitimate claims that they're discriminated against for having vaginas in USA and UK the only countries however where women can live happily as single mothers while men are undereducated, homeless or disproportionately incarcerated. I can't get along with a stupid cause like that! It's young men who NEED to be empowered. Women have their rights here. I will not help bored privileged upper middle class sorority girls ****-stir for their own entertainment.
Reply 73
Original post by 27FT
It is geniune sexism though. Their cultures allow the promotion of the treatment of women as second-rate citizens ergo unequality between the sexes ergo sexism

so you feel you have the right to override their culture and tell them your opinion as fact?
so you feel you have the right to override their culture and tell them your opinion as fact?

Yes, if their culture is toxic. Cultures can change, British culture has changed overtime so can others. It's called a revolution.
Reply 75
Original post by 27FT
Yes, if their culture is toxic. Cultures can change, British culture has changed overtime so can others. It's called a revolution.

inspirational but flawed. women are not always treated bad in those cultures, just differently.
inspirational but flawed. women are not always treated bad in those cultures, just differently.

So let's say, in Iraq if a woman was raped you'd be perfectly okay with her punishment of being stoned to death because it's part of their culture? Is that what you're implying?

For god's sake, women were not allowed to attend Harvard University till 1978.
Reply 77
Original post by 27FT
So let's say, in Iraq if a woman was raped you'd be perfectly okay with her punishment of being stoned to death because it's part of their culture? Is that what you're implying?

For god's sake, women were not allowed to attend Harvard University till 1978.

once again, bringing up the past is good but useless as things have changed now. also, shouldn't you be concerned about stopping terrible things instead of helping the women themselves?
Original post by RamsesTheRandom
Of course in earlier days they focused on women. It was meant to be for the opressed group so naturally they focused on giving them the same benefits that others already had.

Nowadays the big problems (at least in certain parts of the world) have been eradicated but there are still smaller things worth fighting for.
Feminism brought us more female heros in video games and filmes or gendering for example and while that probably doesnt mean much to you it means a lot to me.

The feminism group that I frequently encounter also try to fight for mens rights, for example their right to be taken seriously when faced with abuse.

So feminism IS trying to help men , the problem is most of them arent men so there is next to no input on what inequality men face.

In contrast there are a lot of apparently (because its the internet where one can be whoever they want) male commenters trying to dissuade feminist and call them names.
Its hard trying to fight for someone who doesnt want that help.
So instead of discrediting feminism maybe try to tell them what problems men face. Preferably without slandering them and feminism.

You're talking about the general, original concept of feminism.

The issue is today's feminists. Most of them women in these groups are university educated and study social sciences and similar degrees. So of course they know what even the average teenager knows, that men go to prison, drop out of education, or are homeless disproportionately. It's called real world knowledge and pragmatism and how can anyone trust a feminist, a social and political activist supposedly, to help them when these women and male feminists God forbid are blissfully ignorant and making white noise for module credits and Twitter followers. Or just the mere excitement of going to an inner city "protest." These feminists ate politically affiliated, they converse with politicians all the time but all they do is gob off.
I agree with most of second wave feminism. The stuff on everyday feminism I don't relate to, it is way too obsessed with labels and not offending special snowflakes. I am more of a radical feminist, and no, that doesn't mean I hate men. I just believe people should be treated equally regardless of their sex, race or sexual orientation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending