The Student Room Group

loving relationship for 6 years, still love him but want to experience more

Hi,

this is a really hard to explain issue, but ill try as best as i can.

I met my current boyfriend when i was 14 and we started dating, and i am now 20 and he is 21, and we've never had a break or break up. Therefore, neither of us have ever experienced being single, dating others, etc, etc - we were each others first date, kiss, everything.

I love him so much and he is my best friend. But i have a problem. i am a very independent person and i am always looking to experience everything i can in life and have a lot of life experience in most other areas. We have been together going on 6 years now and i dont see any reason for it to end - except that i feel like both of us "should" have some more experiences? can you really only be with one single person your entire life?

i dont know what to do. ive already told him all of this honestly, as we are very upfront about our feelings, and he just said that he understands, and he gets these feelings, but he thinks its worth it because he loves me so much (he's the nicest guy in the world!). how i feel at the moment is that i would always choose to be with him, i cant imagine being with anyone more compatible, but at the same time, i feel like i need more experiences...

any advice? i feel so stuck :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

this is a really hard to explain issue, but ill try as best as i can.

I met my current boyfriend when i was 14 and we started dating, and i am now 20 and he is 21, and we've never had a break or break up. Therefore, neither of us have ever experienced being single, dating others, etc, etc - we were each others first date, kiss, everything.

I love him so much and he is my best friend. But i have a problem. i am a very independent person and i am always looking to experience everything i can in life and have a lot of life experience in most other areas. We have been together going on 6 years now and i dont see any reason for it to end - except that i feel like both of us "should" have some more experiences? can you really only be with one single person your entire life?

i dont know what to do. ive already told him all of this honestly, as we are very upfront about our feelings, and he just said that he understands, and he gets these feelings, but he thinks its worth it because he loves me so much (he's the nicest guy in the world!). how i feel at the moment is that i would always choose to be with him, i cant imagine being with anyone more compatible, but at the same time, i feel like i need more experiences...

any advice? i feel so stuck :frown:

So you've been lucky enough to find someone perfect for you, who loves you to pieces, but you basically just want more? A lot of people spend their whole lives looking for that and never find it.

I think it's a case of appreciate what you have.
Reply 2
Lol these relationships that start in teen years never work out 99/100 times. One person eventually gets bored and curious, thinking about what it's like to go deep inside another pair of sugar walls (or other way round if you're female). That same 'spark' is no longer there...

But you know what most people find once they break up and start shagging other people? The grass will always seem greener on the side... but once you reach that other side, you find out it's some BTEC grass that wasn't worth being curious over. It's all the same man.

It isn't worth it, even though you might think it is. That is, of course, if you even truly "love" him...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending