The Student Room Group

Boyfriend troubles...

My boyfriend unfollowed me on instagram because he said I wanted attention and didn’t like seeing people saying I was beautiful...
:/

Scroll to see replies

Yeah
I always say this whenever there's a post like this: communication is key. Talk to him and tell him how you're feeling and he can tell you how he is feeling. Don't communicate your feelings to us and not him, as ultimately we cannot help you if you don't talk to him. Don't turn it into a fight, just have it as a calm discussion.
That one's over then. Maybe stop using social media for a while and actually talk to others?
Reply 4
I havw told him but he hasn’t followed back and its been months, isn’t that a bit odd ?
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend unfollowed me on instagram because he said I wanted attention and didn’t like seeing people saying I was beautiful...
:/

first world problems
Reply 6
Its not the fact that it’s instagram that matters, it’s the fact that I’m his girlfriend and I believe surely It’s slightly weird... I don’t care whether he follows me or not but I do think it is weird that he doesn’t to be honest
Maybe he doesn't want you seeing the pictures he likes of different girls lol
Unfollow your relationship. If IG is that important it doesn't sound like a healthy relationship.
Reply 9
Maybe he just doesn't pay attention to IG that much. Or maybe you post on it excessively and he is doing the right thing by distancing himself from it so he wouldn't get upset about it and you could still do your thing. If you don't post excessively, then I might see a problem forming here. Just cut him some slack, it's not all about social media.
I havw told him but he hasn’t followed back and its been months, isn’t that a bit odd ?

He's cheating on you with your sister
Social media and who follows who on it is not the be-all and end-all of life.
:frown:
He's got a point, girls on Instagram just want attention from a bunch of thirsty orbiters. If he's valuable to you delete your IG account... Is what my girlfriend did for me. It's called true love
Reply 14
Sad really that you seem to take social media so seriously. I mean does it matter if he follows you? And why do you need others to tell you that you look great when he is there to tell you that?
Oh no it's the end of the world.
Maybe theres a hidden reason. I actually unfollowed my girlfriend on instagram before because I just hated seeing her keep on liking her ex's pictures and I didn't want to argue with her about it.
Feel like girls will say its no big deal, but if I did the same it would be WW3
it's quite simple he already said it
he doesn't like seeing other guys flirting with you/telling you youre fit he obviously gets a bit a jealous which is fine he hasn't made a massive deal of it or BANNED you from instagram he just unfollowed so he doesn't have to deal with it.

completely reasonable if you ask me...
Original post by Tom K16
Sad really that you seem to take social media so seriously. I mean does it matter if he follows you? And why do you need others to tell you that you look great when he is there to tell you that?

Thats what social media exists for, so you can receive endless amounts of compliments from strangers.Lol what century are you living in??, being validated by family and friends is no longer enough.
Thats what social media exists for, so you can receive endless amounts of compliments from strangers.Lol what century are you living in??, being validated by family and friends is no longer enough.

I’m being oblivious to a generation that is so hooked on the approval of others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending