London

Scroll to see replies

kms
(edited 6 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Najung
Hello everyone! I am applying to Chemistry at Imperial and received an interview offer last night!
So my timeline is:
9/29 submitted my UCAS
10/3 got an acknowledgement email
10/6 got an email that my application is being considered in my academic department
10/10 got an interview offer (I am doing Skype one as I reside in Asia Pacific region. My interview date is 16th of October; actually, they haven't given me much choice upon the date)

I got:
IGCSE: 7A* 3A 1B
IB prediction: 43 with AA in ToK and EE (Chemistry), and 777 in HL (Econ Chem Maths)

I was very surprised because they said they start interviewing people from November but I got an interview offer last night.
I also have an offer from Bristol (34 665) which arrived on 3rd of October.
I am also applying to Bath, Cambridge, and Nottingham.

Hello,
I also got the email on 6th October that they are considering my application for materials science and engineering. Since I don't have any interview I didn’t get any interview offer. Further, I hope imperial gives me an offer by end of oct.
Anyway, congratulations on your grades. you will get an offer if you do well in your interview.
Original post by PMC01234
Depends to which course, biology and medicine it's 1:1 but hard core engineering courses it goes 13:7.

ftfy
Original post by donnaseemchandra
Applying for Chemical Engineering (MEng)

Predicted Grades :

Further Additional Maths A*
Chem A*
Physics A*

Achieved Grades:

EPQ A* (100%)
Maths A* (UMS average 100%)
Further Maths A* (UMS average 99%)

How do my chances stack up?
thats kinda weird.... who exactly predicts the outcome of an EPQ?
Original post by Oruese
thats kinda weird.... who exactly predicts the outcome of an EPQ?

Generally the exam board determine the outcome of any formal qualification
Reply 85
Hey guys!! I applied from chemical engineering and got an interview offer today for the 25th Oct. I was wondering what the structure of the interview was? what sort of questions they ask? and what prep we could do beforehand

Thank you so much
I sent in my application today for civil engineering MEng

I got at A in As maths
I’m predicted 2A*s (chemistry and physics) and A (maths)
What are my chances of an offer?
Also does anyone know if there is an interview for civil engineering this year?

I have also applied to Bath Exeter Southampton and Surrey
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ndk123
Hey guys!! I applied from chemical engineering and got an interview offer today for the 25th Oct. I was wondering what the structure of the interview was? what sort of questions they ask? and what prep we could do beforehand

Thank you so much

okay im getting really agitated now...may i ask when exactly you sent your application off?
Reply 88
Original post by ndk123

Thank you so much

Hello! you also have an interview offer! I have some questions to you (I do also have an interview offer 16th Oct).
Are you an int' student and when did you submit your UCAS?

Anyway, congratulations on your interview offer! Hope both of us can get the real offer
Hi everyone!

I'm an overseas applicant, from India. I applied to Computing BEng. I'm on a gap year right now, doing an internship with a tech company.
I have Indian qualifications (CBSE):
English: 92/100
Physics: 97/100
Math: 95/100
Chemistry: 97/100
Computer Science: 97/100

How likely is it that I'll get an offer?
Original post by carpetguy
ftfy

Hahah idk why but in the UK you are obsessed with ratios 😂
Original post by Rachacool6
I sent in my application today for civil engineering MEng

I got at A in As maths
I’m predicted 2A*s (chemistry and physics) and A (maths)
What are my chances of an offer?
Also does anyone know if there is an interview for civil engineering this year?

I have also applied to Bath Exeter Southampton and Surrey

A* in mathematics is required
Hi guys I am in my gap year and got A*A*A* this summer in Chemistry, maths, business studies. I will be applying for chemistry and was wondering if I'll get a offer and also will I get an interview because I don't want to have one as it is far away and I want to move in 1 go rather than go for interview and then comeback .. it will take me 8 hour journey to go and comeback ... did anybody got away with no interview
Original post by Oruese
okay im getting really agitated now...may i ask when exactly you sent your application off?

sorry im just so curious, for courses that don't require interviews (i.e.biomed), will offers/conditional offers be released so soon?
Reply 94
Original post by igotnomoney
Hi guys I am in my gap year and got A*A*A* this summer in Chemistry, maths, business studies. I will be applying for chemistry and was wondering if I'll get a offer and also will I get an interview because I don't want to have one as it is far away and I want to move in 1 go rather than go for interview and then comeback .. it will take me 8 hour journey to go and comeback ... did anybody got away with no interview

if you live that far away then you'll get a skype interview if u do get an interview, they wont expect you to go all the way there.
Reply 95
I received an email saying that Imperial are looking at my application. Does this mean ill receive some sort of response (rejection or interview) soon?
Reply 96
Original post by Najung
Hello! you also have an interview offer! I have some questions to you (I do also have an interview offer 16th Oct).
Are you an int' student and when did you submit your UCAS?

Anyway, congratulations on your interview offer! Hope both of us can get the real offer

not an international student :smile: from the uk
submitted it like nearly 2 weeks ago :smile: wbu?
good luck
Course EEE

AS: AAAA
Predicted: A*A*A*A*

In maths,Fm,Phys,Eco

What's the chances looking like?
Hi,
I want to apply for Bsc Physics at Imperial, which requires A*A*A.
However, my predictions are:
Maths-A ( I am capable of getting a* )
Physics-A*
Economics-A
Polish-N/A ( Probs A )
epq-A ( Related to physics )
Gcses 2a* 4A 2B 3C
Reply 99
Subjects : Bio, Chem, Phy, Maths, EPQ
Predicted : 4A* 1A
GCSE (SPM Malaysia) : 7A* 1A 1A-
CHEM ENG HAHAHAH
Why Chem Eng : EPQ on possibilities of nuclear fusion in generating energy for a more sustainable future. Plus, I love it lmao.

Anyone gotten their offers? I applied 3 days ago

Latest

Trending

Trending