The Student Room Group

Could you do medicine with btec applied science

my friend is desperate to do medicine at any uni , but he is only taking btec applied science , i kept telling him that it is near impossible with just btec but he refuses to listen and keeps calling me a snake . Can anyone leave any comments that i can show/knock some sense into him to show that you can't do medicine with btec applied science , thanks
Original post by Anonymous
my friend is desperate to do medicine at any uni , but he is only taking btec applied science , i kept telling him that it is near impossible with just btec but he refuses to listen and keeps calling me a snake . Can anyone leave any comments that i can show/knock some sense into him to show that you can't do medicine with btec applied science , thanks

Applying for medicine - i haven't yet come across a standard A100 medical degree that allows you to use a BTEC as an entry requirement (I know UCL, Imperial, Oxbridge, Kings don't let you use BTECs)

That being said - you may be able to get onto a foundation medicine degree (medicine + a foundation year) with BTECs subject to certain requirements (e.g. grades, where you went to school etc.) so it may be worth while to look into those.

Maybe the medic portal website has a guide on BTECs???
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Applying for medicine - i haven't yet come across a standard A100 medical degree that allows you to use a BTEC as an entry requirement (I know UCL, Imperial, Oxbridge, Kings don't let you use BTECs)

That being said - you may be able to get onto a foundation medicine degree (medicine + a foundation year) with BTECs subject to certain requirements (e.g. grades, where you went to school etc.) so it may be worth while to look into those.

Maybe the medic portal website has a guide on BTECs???

alot of uni's are saying that they don't accept btec , plus he only got C's in his gcse maths , english and science

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending