The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey thanks for asking. I haven't taken it down yet because the comments were very helpful. I was wondering how bad it was, and I know the extent so I am thankful to everyone that actually read what I wrote and responded. All I wanted to know was how bad things could be "if" my bf did follow through on his threat. A few very good logical answers. But it may be time to take it down. Also leave it up there for others to learn something. My bf is successful and has a life and he's not likely to do anything. Others may have resorted to blackmail. I didn't realize the seriousness when I was doing it. I just saw it as help. So, yes, I'll take this down soon enough. If I can that is. Haven't tried that yet! lol
Original post by amiintrouble
What is annoying are the responses. I will get found out, so what? And there is no legal case. My degree will get revoked, I might go to jail if my employer chooses to take it on, but then, anyone that does, risks calling into question their own intake process. And you realize I aced 4 rounds of interviews? Both for Cambridge and for my employment, and these are in person interviews. So I'm not a complete idiot. Do you even know what the computer misuse act is?

So when you said you could ace 4 rounds would that also extend to the rounds of loss and grief? Because right now I see you're already on the 3rd stage and have begun bargaining haha.
you are ****ed
Original post by JamesN88
Lol, do you really think the chronically underfunded police will investigate that?

Only if the chronically stupid OP keeps sh*tposting in this thread, then you can bet they will investigate it!

Just gonna sit back and let the OP dig their hole even deeper before the 5-0 come round to play.
My heart broke because someone with an opportunity at a university such as Cambridge decided to cheat :frown:

I understand your situation but you really trapped yourself putting this on here...

And like @shameful_burrito said, pray Google hasn't indexed it already
Original post by XxxvatxxX
My heart broke because someone with an opportunity at a university such as Cambridge decided to cheat :frown:

I understand your situation but you really trapped yourself putting this on here...

And like @shameful_burrito said, pray Google hasn't indexed it already

Probably, has, I think its a lively discussion :smile:
Probably, has, I think its a lively discussion :smile:

This must be a troll.

Don’t you actually feel any remorse over your actions or do you find the whole situation funny?
Nah, it is too lively to have this deleted. Apart from some kids that believe that the world is fair, the consequences are there for all to see. I think it helps to leave it on here. People do use ghostwriting services, those that can pay, and are smart, will not get caught the way things are. Not very difficult to read up on someone's research and have an informed discussion on any topic from that particular vantage point.
Original post by Ishax
This must be a troll.

Don’t you actually feel any remorse over your actions or do you find the whole situation funny?

What is funny is that the snapshots you sent, will not be looked at. No one bothers.
Only mods and the CT can remove threads.
What is funny is that the snapshots you sent, will not be looked at. No one bothers.

The more you bump this thread the more attention is drawn into it. You’re digging yourself a bigger hole. Still feeling very smug, I see.
I just had to kek when I finally realise that this thread was the result of trolling. If the OP is being genuine (which I'd wager they aren't) then they clearly realise their mistakes and probably exacerbated the situation by making their problems public on the internet.
Original post by Ishax
The more you bump this thread the more attention is drawn into it. You’re digging yourself a bigger hole. Still feeling very smug, I see.

You are the anomaly I expected when I posted.
You are the anomaly I expected when I posted.

Whatever makes you feel better, I think it’s enough for now.
Original post by JohanGRK
A shame. Probably one of the most elaborate trolling efforts I've seen to date.

Meaning the circumstances and arguments are plausible?
Original post by Killerpenguin15
Only if the chronically stupid OP keeps sh*tposting in this thread, then you can bet they will investigate it!

Just gonna sit back and let the OP dig their hole even deeper before the 5-0 come round to play.

No one investigates academic dishonesty. That was the point of the post. The reason they don't is because the lines are hard to draw.
No one investigates academic dishonesty. That was the point of the post. The reason they don't is because the lines are hard to draw.

I was more referring to your 'VPN' messages which can actually be investigated by law enforcement, and the fact that these sort of threats were likely to continue from you in the near future. But it seems that now you've been called out on it you've piped down a bit, haven't you? Probably a bit late now.

Guess you've had to learn your lesson the hard way really.
Original post by Killerpenguin15
I was more referring to your 'VPN' messages which can actually be investigated by law enforcement, and the fact that these sort of threats were likely to continue from you in the near future. But it seems that now you've been called out on it you've piped down a bit, haven't you? Probably a bit late now.

Guess you've had to learn your lesson the hard way really.

Piped down? No, ran out of ideas. And no, VPN messages aren't investigated because someone said "VPN"on a public forum.
Piped down? No, ran out of ideas. And no, VPN messages aren't investigated because someone said "VPN"on a public forum.

"ran out of ideas" that's your creative euphemism for saying you've backed down. Got it.

Also, I referred to your 'VPN' message figuratively. I was more getting at the fact you said that your ip was my ip address implying clear fraudulent activity . Which is a criminal offence.
Personally I would be worried too but will he not get in trouble too for helping you? I guess for now forget about it.

Latest