The Student Room Group

Will vision express or specsavers put prescription lenses in my sunglasses?

Anyone know if they do this?
Original post by Haviland-Tuf
Anyone know if they do this?

Do you mean adding them to frames you already own?
Original post by claireestelle
Do you mean adding them to frames you already own?

Yes, so I bought some frames

Vision express/specsavers both fit lenses for a cost of i think 50 pounds to frames you already own. But do they fit prescription lenses into my sunglasses frames?
Yes, so I bought some frames

Vision express/specsavers both fit lenses for a cost of i think 50 pounds to frames you already own. But do they fit prescription lenses into my sunglasses frames?

I think it depends on if the frames could handle it but they don't always like taking the risk. Why not buy a new pair of glasses for that amount of money?
Reply 4
Depends on the frame, not every sunglasses frame can be fitted with prescription lenses.
Original post by Kathy89
Depends on the frame, not every sunglasses frame can be fitted with prescription lenses.

this is the frame what do you think?

Reply 6
this is the frame what do you think?

Pretty standard frame, I don't see why not, unless the quality is very low.
Original post by Kathy89
Pretty standard frame, I don't see why not, unless the quality is very low.

I will update this thread next week and let you know if Vision Express agree to fitting my prescription into them.
You could just get them from websites like direct sight (or others), they do all different frames of glasses (including above) then just pay the extra for tinted lenses. my ray-ban style perscription sunglasses cost £27 includung delivery

Quick Reply

Latest