The Student Room Group

Advice on asking this girl out

So, girl and I met in uni last year, but only like a few times. Haven't spoken or seen her since the start of summer. I like her and I am planning to ask her out when we bump into each other again, but the thing is, she is rarely seen around campus and she studies a different subject. I know where she lives, and it's about 5 minutes away from my student accomodation block.

I feel like it's time for me to take action, instead of waiting for us to bump into each other again. Do you, relationship experts of TSR, think I should go knock on her door and ask her out straight away, or just wait patiently until we see each other again before asking her out? Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I think that you should slowly build your way up and then ask her when you think the moment is right not thorough going and knocking at her door, I would imagine it would be a weird interaction for both of you seeing that you haven't seen her for a very long time, nonetheless from what I've heard from you you're not that close nor have you had any form of lose interaction with this girl in a friendly attitude. Why not try getting to know her and her friendship groups as it may help you get to know her better.

Hope this helps - and btw I'm not a relationship expert I just like helping people out, especially when they are planning to do something creepy
You mean you want to go to her place and just ask her out even though you haven't spoken and met in person. Sounds like a great plan for disaster -_-'. Go talk to her first and make sure she is comfortable with you and then ask her out. Again, make sure you don't get friendzoned so if you notice she is confident talking to you, then ask her so it's not too early or too late.
Reply 3
Original post by IDontEvenGoHere
I think that you should slowly build your way up and then ask her when you think the moment is right not thorough going and knocking at her door, I would imagine it would be a weird interaction for both of you seeing that you haven't seen her for a very long time, nonetheless from what I've heard from you you're not that close nor have you had any form of lose interaction with this girl in a friendly attitude. Why not try getting to know her and her friendship groups as it may help you get to know her better.

Hope this helps - and btw I'm not a relationship expert I just like helping people out, especially when they are planning to do something creepy

Thanks haha, I do think it's a bit creepy but since I don't see her a lot, the risk of us meeting each other again would be low!

It's annoying that I can't take any direct action this time, and I don't think I have ever seen her this semester at uni yet! I feel like the likelihood of us bumping into each other again would be very low. Getting into her friendship group would be tough, since they are very tight-knit.
Reply 4
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
You mean you want to go to her place and just ask her out even though you haven't spoken and met in person. Sounds like a great plan for disaster -_-'. Go talk to her first and make sure she is comfortable with you and then ask her out. Again, make sure you don't get friendzoned so if you notice she is confident talking to you, then ask her so it's not too early or too late.

We have spoken and met in person. But that was at the start of summer. 'Go talk to her' is a bit difficult, since I don't see her around at all!
Original post by Anonymous
We have spoken and met in person. But that was at the start of summer. 'Go talk to her' is a bit difficult, since I don't see her around at all!

You have to understand talking to her is vital. Without you talking to her, you risk getting rejected because it will be awkward for her.

Well sorry I didn't exactly get a every detail, but maybe you should try take the modern approach and try and get her on social media maybe, try to get to know her through that. The good this about that as well is that you can talk to hr for pretty much as long as you want without having to make the interaction weird if it was in real life. noting of course that you would need to slightly censor what you say and do, as to not irritate her by sending her a rapid quantity of messages at like let's say 3 in the morning.
ok, so it may seem strange if you knock at her door but to hell with it... what have u got to lose... cos lets face it you may never bump into her again and have that chance.
I had a friend once who took a similar chance, I say go for it, explain that it may seem strange you knocking like that but u took a chance as u may never get to ask her again... whats the worse that can happen, you could always just swap numbers on the door step and get to know one another via phone first if she is nervy abt a date so out of the blue.. I say risks are there to take
Reply 8
Original post by haileyhutton
ok, so it may seem strange if you knock at her door but to hell with it... what have u got to lose... cos lets face it you may never bump into her again and have that chance.
I had a friend once who took a similar chance, I say go for it, explain that it may seem strange you knocking like that but u took a chance as u may never get to ask her again... whats the worse that can happen, you could always just swap numbers on the door step and get to know one another via phone first if she is nervy abt a date so out of the blue.. I say risks are there to take

Thanks for the input! May I ask, did your friend's risk pay off?
yes it did, they were literally inseparable from the moment they met, so sometimes worth the risk
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
You have to understand talking to her is vital. Without you talking to her, you risk getting rejected because it will be awkward for her.

Thanks for the response. Yeah I figured that talking to her is important, but I think the only possible way for me to actually talk to her is go find her lolol. It's either that, or just wait till I randomly see her again, which could be awhile.
Thanks for the response. Yeah I figured that talking to her is important, but I think the only possible way for me to actually talk to her is go find her lolol. It's either that, or just wait till I randomly see her again, which could be awhile.

If you have her number, just ask her if she wants to hangout. Easiest way and works like a charm :wink: Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending