The Student Room Group

Alarm clock hell

Need advice.

Have a flatmate who has a cocktail of issues. As in (racist, misogynistic, aggressive, etc). Anyway, I'm next door to him. Every single day at 7am his alarm clock goes off, and stays on for hours, (waking me up and making it impossible to go back to sleep). Not only that but he keeps me up till the early hours shouting on his games. So I'm getting about 4 hours of sleep a day, every day.

It went on for a month, I then politely asked him over text, if he could please either turn it down, or get up earlier and turn it off.

He then proceeds to read and ignore it, and the next day, at 7 again, his alarm is actually louder and more obnoxious. After about half an hour of it, I knock on the wall, and he turns it off.

I'm scared to confront him because he's very aggressive. What do?
Police.
Reply 2
Original post by golidlocks
Need advice.

Have a flatmate who has a cocktail of issues. As in (racist, misogynistic, aggressive, etc). Anyway, I'm next door to him. Every single day at 7am his alarm clock goes off, and stays on for hours, (waking me up and making it impossible to go back to sleep). Not only that but he keeps me up till the early hours shouting on his games. So I'm getting about 4 hours of sleep a day, every day.

It went on for a month, I then politely asked him over text, if he could please either turn it down, or get up earlier and turn it off.

He then proceeds to read and ignore it, and the next day, at 7 again, his alarm is actually louder and more obnoxious. After about half an hour of it, I knock on the wall, and he turns it off.

I'm scared to confront him because he's very aggressive. What do?

If you're in student accommodation, then surely this is violating the agreement (quiet hours etc) and you can speak to the accommodation managers?
How on Earth does the alarm not annoy him, soon as mine goes off I have to turn it off.
You need to contact the warden responsible for your accommodation block, if you're in halls.

If not, contact the police (though obviously don't call 999, use a non-emergency contact line/email)
Does your accommodation not have an app where you can report people for noise?
Reply 6
Original post by LTEcactus

Unfortunately we don't. I'm going to see whether or not it happens again tomorrow.
Just confront him?
Original post by LTEcactus

Holy ****, is that a thing? Could have done with that when I was in halls.
Original post by Dr Pesto
Holy ****, is that a thing? Could have done with that when I was in halls.
Unite Students have it!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending