The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Applicants for 2018 Entry

Hey guys! I've seen a few of these University Forums around, so I thought why not create one for Glasgow?

Here you can mention:
Course applying for:
Predicted/achieved grades:
Current offer status:
What made you apply?:

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm Erin :smile:

Course applying for: Neuroscience
Predicted/achieved grades: different because EU student, but something equivalent to AAB
Current offer status: haven't applied yet
What made you apply: I really like the university and city from what I've seen online, plus they have the flexible degree structure that really appeals to me.

I'm going to the open day in two weeks and unless it's extremely disappointing I'll be applying soon :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey I'm luna

Course applying for: Mathematics Bsc
Predicted/achieved grades: I got an A* in maths a level last year (june 2017) and I'm predicted A*AA at a level
Current offer status: applied yesterday!!
What made you apply: I love the uni and the architecture
HI! Applying to Aerospace engineering. Predicted grades ABB, what do you think my chances are?
Reply 4
Hi economics im predicted AAC in Economics , sociology and maths and i applied because i love glasgow as a city and the uni seems pretty good
Reply 5
Hey🙂 I'm applying for Aeronautical Engineering Meng
Predicted/achieved grades: 5As at higher this year. Predicted AAA at AH
Received an unconditional offer today😄😳
I'm applying because the Uni is beautiful and I love the city hence also applying to Strathclyde for aero-mechanical.
im applying for law
in my Nat 5's i got AAAAAB
in my highers i got AAAAA
in my current courses its way to early to get a predicted grade
not actually applied yet or sat my LNAT so will have to do that soon
glasgow is a great place, i want free uni, need to stay in scotland if i want to live in scotland in the future and the puns about my name will be epic
Reply 7
course: medicine
grades (all achieved except AH which are predicted):
N5s - AAAAAA
Highers - AAAAA
AH - AAA
Offer status - no offer or rejection but as it's medicine it will be a longer wait anyway so no surprise.
Reason: From Scotland and want to study in Scotland (free lol).
(edited 6 years ago)
I’ve applied for Psychology at the University of Glasgow already, and I have met the requirements. I heard that there’s a policy that if you have more than 4 A’s for Higher, then you get an unconditional immediately for most courses (probably not Med and Law) but surely Psychology is fine? I have more than 4 A’s for Higher, and few people I know have applied with more than 4 A’s too. But they all got an offer immediately (2or 3 days after applying) but It’s been a week and I still don’t have one. Is it possible that something went wrong on my UCAS application? I’m scared😟
Original post by ANormalStudent
I’ve applied for Psychology at the University of Glasgow already, and I have met the requirements. I heard that there’s a policy that if you have more than 4 A’s for Higher, then you get an unconditional immediately for most courses (probably not Med and Law) but surely Psychology is fine? I have more than 4 A’s for Higher, and few people I know have applied with more than 4 A’s too. But they all got an offer immediately (2or 3 days after applying) but It’s been a week and I still don’t have one. Is it possible that something went wrong on my UCAS application? I’m scared😟

I have heard that Glasgow does really fast offers (and my friend and I have gotten an offer back within 24 hours but we both take IB so it might be a bit different) so I'd expect you to have an offer soon.

With UCAS I'd suggest checking if you school has sent it in, if you're applying through them. I know it took mine a few days for them to send it in, so it might be that. If you're worried about you application you can check through UCAS track to see if it's been 'referred' to Glasgow perhaps?

Anyway I don't doubt you'll have an offer sometime soon! Maybe the psychology department is a bit slow for some reason
Original post by Katarinanokat
I have heard that Glasgow does really fast offers (and my friend and I have gotten an offer back within 24 hours but we both take IB so it might be a bit different) so I'd expect you to have an offer soon.

With UCAS I'd suggest checking if you school has sent it in, if you're applying through them. I know it took mine a few days for them to send it in, so it might be that. If you're worried about you application you can check through UCAS track to see if it's been 'referred' to Glasgow perhaps?

Anyway I don't doubt you'll have an offer sometime soon! Maybe the psychology department is a bit slow for some reason

Congrats on your offer! And yes my application is definitely sent away and referred. Do you reckon I will get notified if something went wrong with my application? Might just have to wait and hope for the best! Thanks for your suggestions! :smile:
Congrats on your offer! And yes my application is definitely sent away and referred. Do you reckon I will get notified if something went wrong with my application? Might just have to wait and hope for the best! Thanks for your suggestions! :smile:

Thank you!

And I'm not actually sure if you would get notified, but I really don't think a bit of extra waiting is necessarily a bad sign even if it certainly feels like one. Just keep you email open and see if anything comes in. :smile:

Best of luck!
Original post by Katarinanokat
Thank you!

And I'm not actually sure if you would get notified, but I really don't think a bit of extra waiting is necessarily a bad sign even if it certainly feels like one. Just keep you email open and see if anything comes in. :smile:

Best of luck!

Thank you very much 🤗

I'm in the same position as you! I applied for history and maths at Glasgow about a week ago but haven't got anything back neither, not even an acknowledgement. I'm hoping its just normal for some courses, or maybe cause I've applied for a joint degree?

And hi! My grades are 6As at higher and I wanted to apply because I love the course and the university itself looks amazing. The flexibility is also a positive!
Original post by Katherine.M
I'm in the same position as you! I applied for history and maths at Glasgow about a week ago but haven't got anything back neither, not even an acknowledgement. I'm hoping its just normal for some courses, or maybe cause I've applied for a joint degree?

And hi! My grades are 6As at higher and I wanted to apply because I love the course and the university itself looks amazing. The flexibility is also a positive!

Omg me too, I got 6A’s for higher too! Maybe they need more time to consider people with 6A’s 😂 although i’m not doing a joint degree.
Just out of interest, have you also applied to Oxbridge since you’re early in applying?
I've applied for English Language and Literature.

I haven't even received an acknowledgement of my application and i sent it off two weeks ago ;/

Kind of worried because my application is supposedly strong and my predicted grades are enough for the course yet they're the only uni to be completely silent with me...
Omg me too, I got 6A’s for higher too! Maybe they need more time to consider people with 6A’s 😂 although i’m not doing a joint degree.
Just out of interest, have you also applied to Oxbridge since you’re early in applying?

Ahaha now that would be ironic! I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping something will come through soon. And yes I am! I've applied to Cambridge for single honours history (St John's College). Have you applied to Oxbridge too?

I applied for psychology at Glasgow on the 13th and just got my unconditional yesterday so don't worry you'll probably get a response soon!
Original post by Katherine.M
Ahaha now that would be ironic! I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping something will come through soon. And yes I am! I've applied to Cambridge for single honours history (St John's College). Have you applied to Oxbridge too?

Yep! I’ve applied to Oxford for Psychology :smile:
I was thinking maybe Glasgow doesn’t like early applicants, but I know people who have already gotten offers and they’re applying to Oxbridge too :frown:
I guess all we can do is wait.... i’ll keep you updated if I get anything from Glasgow! Good luck to both of us 😂
Original post by kl369
I applied for psychology at Glasgow on the 13th and just got my unconditional yesterday so don't worry you'll probably get a response soon!

Congrats! Okay thank you!
But Aw it’s Saturday now,they’re off work 😂
Are you applying to Oxbridge btw? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest