The Student Room Group

married and full time student

I am a full time student currently studying in college (final year). I recently got married and want to know whether my marriage will have an impact on applying for a loan.
Original post by zahrabatool0997
I am a full time student currently studying in college (final year). I recently got married and want to know whether my marriage will have an impact on applying for a loan.

They will assess yours and your husband or wifes income rather than your parents.

Hi zahrabatool,

To be assessed for the higher amount of maintenance loan we will need your husband to support your application, providing his income details for the tax year used.

For example to work out how much you may be entitled to for the academic year 2017, we use the household income from the tax year 2015/16.

Thanks Rona
He currently isnt working but looking for a job in another country.
He currently isnt working but looking for a job in another country.

Hi zahrabatool0997,

That's okay, but he still needs to support your application online or send the paper form PFF2.

Initially for the academic year 2017/18 we will ask him to provide his income details or the tax year 2015/16.

We understand that circumstances can change. If your household income has dropped by at least 15% since the tax year we use, we can assess you on the lower estimated income. If used he will be asked to send evidence once the tax year 2017/18 has ended, to confirm the income.

Once your husband has provided his details for tax year 15/16, we would ask him also to complete a Current Year Income Form with his estimated income for tax year 17/18.

You will find the CYI form here, but before we will review it your husband needs support your application online or the paper PFF2 form, with income from tax year 15/16

http://bit.ly/2mFZsPN

Once the assessors confirm the income for tax year 15/16 with HMRC, they will process the income provided on the CYI, they will compare the income provided and you can be confident as long as it has fallen by at least 15%, you will be reassessed on the lower income.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending