The Student Room Group

A level

What should I do to get good at a level maths. I’m in year 12 and my predicted minimum grade is a B based on my GCSE point score but I’m still aiming for an A because why not. I’m asking how I can improve though because I got an E in my first test
Do you know why you achieved an E? Was it finding the content hard, a lack of revision?
Reply 2
Original post by Reece.W.J
What should I do to get good at a level maths. I’m in year 12 and my predicted minimum grade is a B based on my GCSE point score but I’m still aiming for an A because why not. I’m asking how I can improve though because I got an E in my first test

Double/triple the amount of work you are doing currently. Make sure you complete all homework and do more questions if you're still not confident with a topic. If there are things you don't understand after a lesson then make sure you ask your teacher/watch a video or ask on here - never ignore a topic if you're finding it hard. The ExamSolutions videos are good for explaining every topic.

You really need to think hard about why you got the E and how to improve. If the answer is that you're not doing enough work and enough revision then it's obvious how to fix that.
Original post by _gcx
Do you know why you achieved an E? Was it finding the content hard, a lack of revision?

Just small mistakes all adding up
Practice makes perfect. Just keep working on it and you'll smash it man :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest