The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I had someone in my class this year that looked like a male but also as a female, I was worried that he would get offended if I ask but I just went for a "what are your pronouns?" and he replied and was happy to reply, he also added that it's not offensive if you ask politely and with respect, it's better to ask instead of getting it wrong but it also depends from the person that's getting asked, you can ask her directly or indirectly, or look more into details :wink:
Get her to fill a review form sort of thing or go old school and get a scrap book, ask all your work mates to fill in, and most of them do have the M or F option, so, maybe that would help. Situations like these can be hard, even if a person is transgender, it's hard to ask which pronoun do they prefer without sounding rude. * I'm not offending anyone, I'm being honest*
Original post by Kalail
NExt indicator. Do they have boobs? Or do they have a bulge? Also do they have an adams apple

He/she is flat chested.

I am not the type to look at someones private parts, because I might end staring too long and she/he will catch me in the act and think I am being a pervert.

So that is out of the question!
Original post by Londons SweetBoy
What are you on about?:dry:

She/he is my work partner I need to know these things!

We work together so if she/he identifies as transgender then it's important she makes me aware so I don't feel so uneasy and uncomfortable around her/him.

Because this is just running through my mind. Everytime I see her/him it's the only thing I think about:unsure:

It will take a load off my mind if I let out of my system.

I think I might eventually just blurt it out just so I can concentrate on my work better!

You've got to be ****ing kidding me right now. You don't need to know anything. Why the **** would you feel uneasy and uncomfortable, you are clearly transphobic and need to stay the **** away from her. You must also be a troll so bye now.
Original post by Kalail
NExt indicator. Do they have boobs? Or do they have a bulge? Also do they have an adams apple

Everyone has an Adam's apple you lobotomised baboon, it's just more prominent in guys.
Original post by bluemadhatter
You've got to be ****ing kidding me right now. You don't need to know anything. Why the **** would you feel uneasy and uncomfortable, you are clearly transphobic and need to stay the **** away from her. You must also be a troll so bye now.

Why are you getting so excited?:erm:

It's all in vain.

Are you on your period by any chance?:curious:
Original post by Kalail
Usually their name is a good gender indicator

Yep. Asking for the gender might make the person sad. I wouldn't do it.
Original post by Sint
You could ask what their name is short for and then you'd find out

SIGH. We already divulged that the name is useless in solving this mystery.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
What is his/her name? Is it 'Linda' or 'Dave'?

'Cause that should be a hint.

If his/her name is Chris or Pat, though, you're on your own man.

Omg!

He al 👏 ready 👏 said👏 their👏name👏is👏 ALEX
Hey, guy:

Just follow them to the toilet and see which one they go in? But don't actually follow them in the toilet...😒 I feel like this needs to be said.
Reply 30
If you think she’s a female, say something to make it clear you think that and then she’ll confirm/deny it… don’t ask if she’s a boy or girl, it’s better you choose the one you think most and risk it
Original post by Salt Queen
Hey, guy:

Just follow them to the toilet and see which one they go in? But don't actually follow them in the toilet...😒 I feel like this needs to be said.

That would be a really good idea.:closedeyes:

But....We only have one toilet and it's shared by everyone soo that would also be out of question.

But thanks for your input.
Original post by Londons SweetBoy
That would be a really good idea.:closedeyes:

But....We only have one toilet and it's shared by everyone soo that would also be out of question.

But thanks for your input.

😒.
Do other people refer to them as she? If so they she's either trans or she works out a lot (or both), don't worry about it so much and just refer to her as everyone else does
What's the big deal? She/he is your colleague, not your partner. As long as she/he is professional on the job and get it done perfectly, there's nothing wrong with his/her gender or sexuality. I would be happy to work with anything/anyone that's hardworking, for it being a dog or a machine.
Reply 35
first two lines were cringy af
Ask what his/her/its/zis name is short for.

Or see how the other people refer to him/her/it/zim as.
Just notice which bathroom they use
She might be transgender, and undergoing hormone therapy. It will make any transgender person feel horrible if you mis-gender them. If she wears female clothes etc and tries to come across as female, then she probably identifies with being female. This means that she is female, well for all you need know anyways.
Just go with it. I'm sure one day it will come up in conversation. With all due respect but, is it so important? I met someone the other day who was built like a boxer but had heavy make-up on and spoke with a feminine twang. I couldn't care less if they identify as an alien tbh, it is their choice and it doesn't bother me in the least.

Latest

Trending

Trending