The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why am I so tempted to make a joke about 70s bands here?

Anyway, for the most part, what I've had so far is quite good, but I don't really have it that often.
Reply 2
Now I want hot chocolate.

I LOVE the powder and hot milk combo, with one of the whizz things that froths it up, with whipped cream and marshmallows on top!

Although I would recommend a chocolate spoon with hot milk, google that and you'll be in hot chocolate heaven my friend.
I am a hot chocolate fan since I don't like tea or coffee.

It is my hot beverage of choice.:tea:
I quite like Mac Donald's hot chocolate. It's pretty cheap and super sweet. I've burned my mouth with it a few times though.

Favourite powder brand would have to be original Options hot chocolate with hot milk and mini marshmallows of course!
Original post by Carbon Dioxide
Why am I so tempted to make a joke about 70s bands here?

Anyway, for the most part, what I've had so far is quite good, but I don't really have it that often.

That's an interesting correlation :biggrin: Fair enough though

Original post by Demolis
Now I want hot chocolate.

I LOVE the powder and hot milk combo, with one of the whizz things that froths it up, with whipped cream and marshmallows on top!

Although I would recommend a chocolate spoon with hot milk, google that and you'll be in hot chocolate heaven my friend.

Mmm. I mostly use powder but I've not made it in the way you describe in your 2nd paragraph :smile: I bet after that its really nice

Original post by 04MR17
I am a hot chocolate fan since I don't like tea or coffee.

It is my hot beverage of choice.:tea:

Same. but a pain is places always do tea & coffee at things like meetings, :frown:
Original post by Chronoscope
Same. but a pain is places always do tea & coffee at things like meetings, :frown:
:yep: Can definitely relate.

I would bring a kettle and everything in that scenario though.:tongue:
I approve of this thread :ahee:
Original post by 04MR17
:yep: Can definitely relate.

I would bring a kettle and everything in that scenario though.:tongue:

Haha, :smile: well maybe they'd provide a kettle but perhaps we should carry a spare pack of instant cocoa around,just in case :biggrin:
Also, I always find coca seems to wake me up. :grin: thiught it was keant to make you tired...
Omg I love hot chocolate :daydreaming: haven't had it in a while, but it's getting colder again now so that may change :excited:

Hate the ones you make with water, it's gotta be milk (almond milk tho cos cow's milk tastes awful to me lol). And the best instant one..... probably the galaxy one or the options white chocolate one :yep:
Homemade hot chocolate with cream, a flake and chocolate/ caramel syrup on a rainy morning when it’s dark enough to not get up yet, but light enough to open your curtains and watch British Bake Off before you have to start work..is the best.
Original post by jabbathemuttdog
Homemade hot chocolate with cream, a flake and chocolate/ caramel syrup on a rainy morning when it’s dark enough to not get up yet, but light enough to open your curtains and watch British Bake Off before you have to start work..is the best.

:daydreaming:
Do you make yours in a certain way?Do you prefer instant hot chocolate or do you make it in a pan? Favourite type/brand? :smile:

(I'm currently drinking hot chocolate )

I recently bought Hotel Chocolat's milky hot chocolat and tried it last night. It took me about 30 minutes to make and it was... okay. Not worth the money imo but I'll obviously keep using it to use it up. I prefer the instant stuff. Cadbury's or Galaxy is awesome, although I love trying new ones. Gotta have mini marshmallows though.
Original post by DrawTheLine
I recently bought Hotel Chocolat's milky hot chocolat and tried it last night. It took me about 30 minutes to make and it was... okay. Not worth the money imo but I'll obviously keep using it to use it up. I prefer the instant stuff. Cadbury's or Galaxy is awesome, although I love trying new ones. Gotta have mini marshmallows though.

Mini marshmallows:u:.
Original post by jabbathemuttdog
Mini marshmallows:u:.

Reading this thread makes me think of this song
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qx2lMaMsl8[/video]

😆
There's a US supermarket chain called kroger and they have an own brand instant one with little mini marshmallows in. It is delicious, reasonably priced, and they don't skimp on the marshmallows either. I make it with water then top it off with some half cream and half milk. :drool:
That's an interesting correlation :biggrin: Fair enough though

...For the genuinely confuzzled: Back in the day, there was a band called Hot Chocolate - scored various top-ten hits, but only one chart-topper (So You Win Again, 1977). Speaking of 70s bands, they're currently playing Queen covers on BBC Radio 2, but that's slightly less related to nice warm beverages than my previous musical topic of discussion...
Has to be with milk, not hot water. I quite liked Cadbury's but not much else in terms of what you can buy for home here, but since my year abroad in Spain, I've gotten used to their Colacao brand which is really nice. I brought a 800g tub back with me last month for uni lol.

I also like to buy a can of whipped cream to use on top.
Original post by Salt Queen
Reading this thread makes me think of this song
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qx2lMaMsl8[/video]

😆

Boiii my juice came through my noise cracking at this 😂😂
Original post by Sabertooth
There's a US supermarket chain called kroger and they have an own brand instant one with little mini marshmallows in. It is delicious, reasonably priced, and they don't skimp on the marshmallows either. I make it with water then top it off with some half cream and half milk. :drool:

Ohh my gawwdd...I’m hungry.

Latest