The Student Room Group

GCSE predicted grade boundaries for 2018??

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Same if lower as more of us are doing the 9-1.
Well Im quite average at maths and got a 7 last year (so they may be a slight increase), but ive heard when a new specificaton is introduced the grade boundaries tend to remain low and then increase over time, like the grade boundaries for science. The grade boundaries will increase for sure but it shouldn't be anything too significant.
Original post by k0zaf
i am currently in year 11 right now and i saw that last year grade boundaries where quite low i mean for maths you at least needed 20 marks on each paper to get a band 5 on the higher tier.How long would the grade boundaries remain low for??Can you guys predict what the grade boundaries will be for 2018 ??

no, 9-1 exams have only been sat in 3 subjects, and even for those 3, it's impossible to gauge grade boundaries unless the exams have actually been sat, even then "predictions" are often inaccurate.
I did the new exams last year and the best advice I can give you is to not think about where the grade boundaries may be. If you are someone who's aim for English and maths is to pass , just work your butt off! And also ground boundaries change every year and aren't set until all exams are have been sat. Good luck and as long as you work hard you will be fine!
You always make me laugh when you go on about predicted grade boundaries .Always comforting to know how many examiners who can tell the future just happen to be on TSR.
Original post by 999tigger
You always make me laugh when you go on about predicted grade boundaries .Always comforting to know how many examiners who can tell the future just happen to be on TSR.

Sorry what?
Original post by rubiemayy
Sorry what?

Sorry wasnt directed at you.
Original post by rubiemayy
Sorry what?

the comment was aimed at the original poster

Ok :h: I know, there is no point trying to predict it! It's impossible tbh

Most people do this thing where they @ or quote who their response is meant for..
Original post by Popsiclez
Most people do this thing where they @ or quote who their response is meant for..

not really if you're replying to the OP.
Original post by _gcx
not really if you're replying to the OP.

Clearly it wasn't clear enough as another person thought it was directed towards them. :smile:
Reply 13
you always make me laugh when you go on about predicted grade boundaries .always comforting to know how many examiners who can tell the future just happen to be on tsr.

loooool!! Relax g
why are teachers saying the boundries will go up then?
Original post by OkThanksBye
why are teachers saying the boundries will go up then?

to make you work your arse off
Basically guys we did some AQA mocks in February and got them marked. Then marks were sent to a company called PiXL where they analyse data from other schools and make grade boundaries for them. After Easter we're getting those back so I'll let u guys know once I've got mine. I'm not sure how many schools participated tbh. They did this last year with the current year 12's and comparing them with the actual GCSE grades in the summer they were extremely accurate same goes with English.
Remember when in year 10 when we all thought getting a 9 you needed like 97% overall
Original post by SincPsyco
Basically guys we did some AQA mocks in February and got them marked. Then marks were sent to a company called PiXL where they analyse data from other schools and make grade boundaries for them. After Easter we're getting those back so I'll let u guys know once I've got mine. I'm not sure how many schools participated tbh. They did this last year with the
current year 12's and comparing them with the actual GCSE grades in the summer they were extremely accurate same goes with English.

please pm me when you get them that will be very interesting.
Original post by trill_val
please pm me when you get them that will be very interesting.

Yep will let you know

Quick Reply

Latest