The Student Room Group

Best bank for me to join?

Trying to work out which bank is best for me personally to join but it's hard as each bank are biased towards why I should join them. Some info:

I'm a graduate (23 y/o)
I'll always have more than about £2500 in my account
Currently have about £5000 in my account
I earn about £1600 in each paycheck

Looking for the best account in terms of giving me the most money (e.g. Interest on my earnings and large switching over cost). Edging towards Nationwide.

I'm never in debt, won't be in an overdraft, good credit rating.

Not really sure what other info to give. Please help me work out which is best for me.
(edited 6 years ago)
Nationwide is the best for students apparently :smile: I have an account and have no problems whatsoever, I love it
Original post by dylantombides
Trying to work out which bank is best for me personally to join but it's hard as each bank are biased towards why I should join them. Some info:

I'm a graduate (23 y/o)
Currently have about £4500 in my account

Not really sure what other info to give. Please help me work out which is best for me.

Get a monthly fee current account that gives you interest assuming you earn over 1k-2k a month you ll have plenty of choice then you can drip feed that into a regular savings account.
Original post by BTS_ARMY_XOXO
Nationwide is the best for students apparently :smile: I have an account and have no problems whatsoever, I love it

I've finished uni - not a student anymore
(edited 6 years ago)
I've finished uni - not a student anymore

Oh well, it’s very good for adults too, my parents use it and they love it too :smile:

I'm a graduate (23 y/o)
Currently have about £4500 in my account

Go for Coutts. That's the Queen's personal bank.
Don't listen to these people, take 90% of the money and put it in a S&P 500 tracker fund, I suggest vanguard's.

Keep 10% in cash in whatever account pays the highest interest.
Original post by 7eleeveen
Don't listen to these people, take 90% of the money and put it in a S&P 500 tracker fund, I suggest vanguard's.

Listen to this advice OP.

You don't want to keep too much liquid cash lying around. I recommend Vanguard LifeStrategy 80%.
First direct. Decent customer service. Good online banking app. 24/7 phone banking. £100 when you join. £125 if you don't like them and leave in 6 months.
Bumping my thread cos I haven't changed accounts yet!
Original post by SomeonesDad
First direct. Decent customer service. Good online banking app. 24/7 phone banking. £100 when you join. £125 if you don't like them and leave in 6 months.

Couldn't I just join then leave straight away and that's £225?
Original post by 7eleeveen

If I'm here honest I don't really understand this even after Googling. Could you help explain what it is in really simple everyday language?

Original post by Craig Davison
Listen to this advice OP.

You don't want to keep too much liquid cash lying around. I recommend Vanguard LifeStrategy 80%.
Al Rayan Bank, may be a place to consider, the current account system may be more profitable than interest-based banks, due to profitable investments. Common benefits such as 24h banking via phone/online, international payments and you pay no interest.
(edited 6 years ago)
I like nationwide (even though I have the one for 11-18 year olds :P)

Good internet banking and service Imo

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 23.16.50.png

Attachment not found
Natalia West

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending