The Student Room Group
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London

SGUL Biomedical science applicants 2018

Anyone ?

Scroll to see replies

I am considering it, maybe as an insurance? I haven't actually seen the campus yet but the open day is the same day as Royal Holloway regardless I need two more options and I already I have 2 in London.. Where are you applying?
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London
Original post by ghenderson871
I am considering it, maybe as an insurance? I haven't actually seen the campus yet but the open day is the same day as Royal Holloway regardless I need two more options and I already I have 2 in London.. Where are you applying?

Same I'm considering it too :smile: I'm also applying to QMUL but other than that I need some more options :smile: What are your predicted grades ?
Ahhh QMUL is my first choice too! I'm AAB at the moment and also going for Leeds and KCL.. you?
Yeh AAA
(edited 6 years ago)
Hey I graduated from SGUL with a degree in Biomed this year. I would be happy to answer any questions!
Original post by lalaland808
Hey I graduated from SGUL with a degree in Biomed this year. I would be happy to answer any questions!

Hey there thanks for the offer! Were you satisfied with the course? After graduation, if you want a medical transfer do u need to sit for the ukcat or gamsat?
Original post by Pradipta
Hey there thanks for the offer! Were you satisfied with the course? After graduation, if you want a medical transfer do u need to sit for the ukcat or gamsat?

No for the medical transfer you need 67-68% average in the first two years of your degree to be invited to an MMI interview. The successful applicants will then be given a conditional offer of a 2:1 in the whole degree.
Original post by lalaland808
No for the medical transfer you need 67-68% average in the first two years of your degree to be invited to an MMI interview. The successful applicants will then be given a conditional offer of a 2:1 in the whole degree.

Thanks so much! How is the course?
Original post by Pradipta
Thanks so much! How is the course?

Hey!

I really enjoyed the course as it is really diverse and teaches you all of the different organ systems. You also get to study anatomy using real human cadavers which is an amazing experience. The Biomedical Sciences course is changing for your year so it would be better to contact the university.
I have applied now its all down to the wait. I was impressed at the open evening and would love to study there.
Offer!!!!
Although I'm applying to study medicine, still happy I'm going to university next year.
Original post by chelseafc141
Offer!!!!
Although I'm applying to study medicine, still happy I'm going to university next year.

What's your predicted grades?
Original post by PleaseHelppppp
What's your predicted grades?

A*A*AA
Offer! International school leaver
Reply 15
I got an offer today ABB!!
Original post by tigrisb
I got an offer today ABB!!

no wayyy. What other unis u applied? and is it medicine backup or biomed
Reply 17
Original post by PleaseHelppppp
no wayyy. What other unis u applied? and is it medicine backup or biomed

It’s not a backup but not my first choice either, I also applied to Kings for the EMDP for Medicine, Queen mary for Neurology then Queen mary again for Pharmacology and Gateway to Medicine at Bristol (rejected because my predicted are too high)
I'm predicted ABB but will this be good enough to receive an offer?
Reply 19
Original post by stressedout123
I'm predicted ABB but will this be good enough to receive an offer?

Yes if you have a strong personal statement!! I was predicted ABA and I got an ABB offer so definately go for it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending