The Student Room Group

Will Oxford consider me without the admissions test

So I’m an America applying to Oxford, and I have everything I need, except my admissions test (MLAT). There is no test center anywhere near me that has avaliable seats, and I couldn’t convince anyone else to apply to be a testing center. So basically, it’s impossible for me to take the test
Will Oxford still consider me without it or should I just forget it?
email them

good luck
Original post by Jliotta
So I’m an America applying to Oxford, and I have everything I need, except my admissions test (MLAT). There is no test center anywhere near me that has avaliable seats, and I couldn’t convince anyone else to apply to be a testing center. So basically, it’s impossible for me to take the test

Original post by Attempt2
email them good luck

The admissions test is there for a reason, for admission. The results of the admissions test play a large part in deciding whether or not to give you an offer. If you can't do it then you have a 0% chance of getting in as it's a mandatory requirement and it wouldn't exist if it wasn't.
Original post by Jliotta

You would have to email the college you applied to explain the situation and they may consider. Good luck :smile:
Just email the admissions department and explain the situation, and they will tell you where you can sit the assessment.
Original post by Jliotta

It's late to be asking this. Where are you located?

My son's school registered for him to be able to take the MAT last year. Your school should really have done this.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
You have to do it and I think you have until the 15th to sign up for it so if
You really want to you should register now
Reply 8
Original post by LeapingLucy
Just email the admissions department and explain the situation, and they will tell you where you can sit the assessment.

That’s the problem. There is literally no place anywhere near me to sit the test
Original post by Jliotta
That’s the problem. There is literally no place anywhere near me to sit the test

Which is why you should have sorted this out months ago if you were serious about going to Oxford, instead of 2 days before the application deadline when you can't do anything at all.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by LeapingLucy

Unfortunately, there's no time for this.

Candidates must register by the October 15th deadline and must sit the test to be considered further.

This link offers help finding a test centre:

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/find-a-centre/
New York and Washington both have two testing centers for the MLAT. If you want it enough, hop on a plane.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending