The Student Room Group

UCAS offer but No official letter from the Univeristy

Hi,
My name Is Mateusz and Yesterday I applied for Finance and Accounting at Warwick. at 3pm UCAS sent me an e-mail that my application has been sent to All of my unis. 3 hours later I received a notification via email that a university has given me an offer. After entering Track it turned out I got a Conditional offer for Warwick. However, I didn't get any official letters from Warwick whatsoever. Didn't even receive a letter that they are considering my application. This morning I received letters from all of my other 4 choices. Could Warwick make a mistake and Give me an offer by accident?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
I also received an offer from York 2 days ago. I got a UCAS confirmation first and then the next day a letter from York by email saying that they have accepted me.
Perhaps wait a few days and see if you receive anything in your mailbox.
Reply 2
Original post by Undec
I also received an offer from York 2 days ago. I got a UCAS confirmation first and then the next day a letter from York by email saying that they have accepted me.
Perhaps wait a few days and see if you receive anything in your mailbox.

Reply 3
Original post by mmateusz
Hi,
My name Is Mateusz and Yesterday I applied for Finance and Accounting at Warwick. at 3pm UCAS sent me an e-mail that my application has been sent to All of my unis. 3 hours later I received a notification via email that a university has given me an offer. After entering Track it turned out I got a Conditional offer for Warwick. However, I didn't get any official letters from Warwick whatsoever. Didn't even receive a letter that they are considering my application. This morning I received letters from all of my other 4 choices. Could Warwick make a mistake and Give me an offer by accident?

Not everyone sends a letter out... think of the paper wastage! Why would you need a letter?!
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
Not everyone sends a letter out... think of the paper wastage! Why would you need a letter?!

oh I just meant an email ... I never got any direct emails from Warwick... just an offer on Ucas...
Reply 5
oh I just meant an email ... I never got any direct emails from Warwick... just an offer on Ucas...

Not everyone sends an email, either. It's only an offer, after all. The whole point of UCAS is to centralise the applications process.
Congratulations! You got the offer so quickly that they didn't even have time to send you an acknowledgement email.

Also, I didn't get any email from Warwick until a few weeks after I got my offer, so don't worry.
Reply 7
Original post by IWMTom
Not everyone sends an email, either. It's only an offer, after all. The whole point of UCAS is to centralise the applications process.

the thing is that I never got any emails at all. Not even an email saying that they received my application. I got emails like that from all 4 other unis.Furthermore, the offer was made just 3 hours after UCAS sent me an email that my application was processed..
Reply 8
the thing is that I never got any emails at all. Not even an email saying that they received my application. I got emails like that from all 4 other unis.Furthermore, the offer was made just 3 hours after UCAS sent me an email that my application was processed..

You probably won't receive one, either. There's no need for them to send one out; that's what UCAS is for. An offer is binding, it's not just "a mistake".
Reply 9
Original post by LeapingLucy
Congratulations! You got the offer so quickly that they didn't even have time to send you an acknowledgement email.

Also, I didn't get any email from Warwick until a few weeks after I got my offer, so don't worry.

Oh, maybe its not a mistake then. I am really stressing over this though, probably will call them monday to make sure.
Reply 10
Original post by IWMTom
You probably won't receive one, either. There's no need for them to send one out; that's what UCAS is for. An offer is binding, it's not just "a mistake".

Okay, thanks :smile:
I got a conditional offer from QMUL but the problem is, I am not sitting any exams in summer 2018. I sat all my Alevels in summer 2016. I should be receiving an unconditional place seeing as I already have my results but why did they give me s conditional offer???? Did they make a mistake?
Reply 12
Original post by seph_muriel
I got a conditional offer from QMUL but the problem is, I am not sitting any exams in summer 2018. I sat all my Alevels in summer 2016. I should be receiving an unconditional place seeing as I already have my results but why did they give me s conditional offer???? Did they make a mistake?

Speak to them directly for clarification.
Original post by IWMTom
Speak to them directly for clarification.

I did. I emailed them explaining the situation after talking to ucas. I'm a bit worried of the outcome though; would I still get a place? Unconditional this time?

It's likely that it's conditional on you sending proof of your grades (e.g. Certificates)
That's what I got from UEA
So it's pretty much an unconditional in that it doesn't require any extra exam results, just the proof itself.
Original post by beccabokka
It's likely that it's conditional on you sending proof of your grades (e.g. Certificates)
That's what I got from UEA
So it's pretty much an unconditional in that it doesn't require any extra exam results, just the proof itself.

The thing is their offer is higher than the grades I got. I can't change my grades so technically, I missed their offer. It doesn't precise anywhere that they want me to send them copies of my certificates so I'm totally confused😓😓😟
Reply 16
The thing is their offer is higher than the grades I got. I can't change my grades so technically, I missed their offer. It doesn't precise anywhere that they want me to send them copies of my certificates so I'm totally confused😓😓😟

Looks like they haven't paid attention to your UCAS application, or you filled it out incorrectly.

Either way, it looks like you aren't getting in.
Original post by IWMTom
Looks like they haven't paid attention to your UCAS application, or you filled it out incorrectly.

Either way, it looks like you aren't getting in.

I contacted them and turned out they made a mistake sending me a conditional offer. They apologised and changed my offer to unconditional. I'm in!

Quick Reply

Latest