The Student Room Group

Is this going to be awkward tomorrow?

I'm at uni and on a night out on wednesday I ended up meeting someone from work in the club. We were both drunk and I ended up getting with her (just kissing in the club and outside hers). Anyway she was saying how awkward work is going to be but I told her it couldn't be. She then gave me her number and told me I should message her sometime so I said I might. The thing is is that I don't really want anything to happen as I like someone else so I haven't messaged her. Will this be awkward at work tomorrow and should I have done anything differently?
Original post by michael1010
I'm at uni and on a night out on wednesday I ended up meeting someone from work in the club. We were both drunk and I ended up getting with her (just kissing in the club and outside hers). Anyway she was saying how awkward work is going to be but I told her it couldn't be. She then gave me her number and told me I should message her sometime so I said I might. The thing is is that I don't really want anything to happen as I like someone else so I haven't messaged her. Will this be awkward at work tomorrow and should I have done anything differently?

In short, yeah. It's going to be awkward.
Yeah, you probably shouldn't have kissed her if you had no intention of doing anything more.

Take it on the head, and move on.
Reply 2
Original post by Sykeology
In short, yeah. It's going to be awkward.
Yeah, you probably shouldn't have kissed her if you had no intention of doing anything more.

Take it on the head, and move on.

The thing is, I only kissed her because we were both drunk and I thought it would just be a one off but then she ended up giving me her number and telling me to message her sometime
The thing is, I only kissed her because we were both drunk and I thought it would just be a one off but then she ended up giving me her number and telling me to message her sometime

To be honest, it's a good time to realise a couple of things here:

1. Being drunk isn't an excuse and never will be.
2. 'Drunk' is subjective. When I'm drunk, I remember absolutely everything. When a friend is, he's completely slain. Don't assume because she was drunk too, that automatically her feelings and actions are all automatic and acting on desire or some weird crap like that.

3. A kiss can mean a lot to someone, and little to others. Now this may not be her at all, but what if she was someone who struggled to make friends, and suddenly some guy apparently likes her so much he'd kiss her? What about if she puts a lot of weight on physical connection and truly believes it means something?
Reply 4
Original post by Sykeology
To be honest, it's a good time to realise a couple of things here:

1. Being drunk isn't an excuse and never will be.
2. 'Drunk' is subjective. When I'm drunk, I remember absolutely everything. When a friend is, he's completely slain. Don't assume because she was drunk too, that automatically her feelings and actions are all automatic and acting on desire or some weird crap like that.

3. A kiss can mean a lot to someone, and little to others. Now this may not be her at all, but what if she was someone who struggled to make friends, and suddenly some guy apparently likes her so much he'd kiss her? What about if she puts a lot of weight on physical connection and truly believes it means something?

Yeah fair enough. I wouldn't mind being friends with her and getting to know her but there is someone else I've been interested in for a while so I wouldn't go any further with the girl I kissed. If there wasn't anyone else I liked then I would definitely consider going further. Also I didn't kiss her randomly, I did it because I do think she's attractive and it's not like it meant nothing, I enjoyed it but I just don't think I'd like anything else to happen.
Reply 5
Of course she'll be a bit miffed. It's not very nice to be led on and then things go cold. Tell her face to face where you're at at least.
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
Of course she'll be a bit miffed. It's not very nice to be led on and then things go cold. Tell her face to face where you're at at least.

Yeah of course I'll tell her and I didn't really see it as leading her on since I just assumed it was going to be a one off since it was just kissing in a club as opposed to actually going out on a date.
Reply 7
maybe just act like normal and dont be avoiding her and stuff because that would be annoying
Reply 8
Original post by qam
maybe just act like normal and dont be avoiding her and stuff because that would be annoying

Yeah I wouldn't avoid her and I was planning to just act normally and hope she acts normally aswell.
It's a little awkward yeah, you probably wanna tell her that you didn't expect a number and thought it was gonna be just a one off. So it's at least less confusing, yknow
Reply 10
Yeah of course I'll tell her and I didn't really see it as leading her on since I just assumed it was going to be a one off since it was just kissing in a club as opposed to actually going out on a date.

Has happened to me a couple of times. Accepted it as parr for the course but was still a bit fed up, particularly when I quite liked her.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
It's a little awkward yeah, you probably wanna tell her that you didn't expect a number and thought it was gonna be just a one off. So it's at least less confusing, yknow

Yeah I'll tell her that I only thought it was a one off and just ask if we can just stay friends.
Original post by Zarek
Has happened to me a couple of times. Accepted it as parr for the course but was still a bit fed up, particularly when I quite liked her.

Yeah I don't even know if she liked me of not. She was the one that came up to me and left her mates to stay with me in the club but it could have just been because she was drunk
Yes it's gonna be awkward
Imagine how awkward it would be if you shagged her?
Oooooooh
Original post by doggypoop 169
Yes it's gonna be awkward
Imagine how awkward it would be if you shagged her?
Oooooooh

Yeah on the night it nearly led to that but her housemate saw us together and it put her off inviting me inside.
Original post by doggypoop 169
so you were looking to hit dat ass

Yeah but I was drunk and when I woke up I was glad it didn't go any further.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending