The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Briefly explaining the British drug/gun trade

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DorianGrayism
If they are already hooked then are not less likely to get hooked. It doesn't even make any sense.

Alcohol is a bigger problem for the health service than any other drug. Coke and Weed do not even come close.

Coke and weed cause people with mental health problems to relapse. Weed is known to trigger schizophrenia. Im not saying alcohol is good but im sick of people saying drugs are ok, especially stoners who cant kick their unhealthy weed habit.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
And I don't want no shenanigans in this thread. I don't wanna hear no rah rah about xenophobia. Read and know and keep it moving.

Okay let’s just blame entire countries for OUR drug problem
the secondhand fumes are so strong, that's why most of the big timers if you know anything wear GAS MASKS. I've been in rooms etc being used as cannabis farms and I had to put a surgical mask on and that didn't even help but they don't really care about your health I just knew on my OWN that I had to wear something protective.

And they have little children and teenagers working here is my "point." So don't chat to me about "what's your point". Jog on.

Fumes from a cannabis farm? Only reason i know of people wearing masks in cannabis farms is down to allergies, quite common to get hay fever like symptoms from being in a room full of plants.
(edited 6 years ago)
be quiet, no it's not. Never said UK doesn't have weed farms, I literally mentioned illegal migrants working on UK cannabis farms and I know cannabis farmers, it's quite simple to do. But as I said, Morocco, Afghanistan, Jamaica, and Latin America are NATURAL producers of the plant so they bring in MOST of it. UK does not supply "most" of the world's weed, bye.

Nah, you're well behind there, no one smokes hash anymore in the UK. Morocco and Afghanistan only produce hash, it all goes to Southern Europe now. The UK is actually one of the biggest exporters of legal cannabis.
what?

In the 19th century, the British forced opium upon the Chinese and now in the 21st century the British consume drugs by their own volition. You'll have to forgive me, I just find the irony quite amusing.

Let's say you get what you want, all foreigners are kicked out. At the end of the day, you'll still have a demand for drugs here in the UK and if there's a market there will be people who are gonna provide the supply. Not to mention, with the internet these days, you can buy anything you want no matter how debauched, as long as you know where to look/ask.
Original post by schizodoc
Coke and weed cause people with mental health problems to relapse. Weed is known to trigger schizophrenia. Im not saying alcohol is good but im sick of people saying drugs are ok, especially stoners who cant kick their unhealthy weed habit.

Don't like 90% of all schizophrenics smoke tobacco? Pretty sure alcohol can trigger
schizophrenia and actually causes psychosis, caffeine too and social media!
Original post by the beer
Don't like 90% of all schizophrenics smoke tobacco? Pretty sure alcohol can trigger
schizophrenia and actually causes psychosis, caffeine too and social media!

tobacco hasnt been linked to schizophrenia other than a correlation. you have to be extremely alcoholic to develop psychosis from alcohol. caffeine hasnt been linked to schizophrenia and social media in rare cases can stress an individual to the point they develop schizophrenia. Im not saying everyone who smokes weed develops it but if you have the right genetics, weed can trigger it. Also, weed is highly addictive. Maybe not as addictive as alcohol but addictive enough and is the gateway drug to more serious drugs like heroin... which is a major problem.
caffeine hasnt been linked to schizophrenia

But it can cause pyschosis.

and social media in rare cases can stress an individual to the point they develop schizophrenia. Im not saying everyone who smokes weed develops it but if you have the right genetics, weed can trigger it.

It's also rare for cannabis smokers to develop schizophrenia, something like 2% isn't it?

Also, weed is highly addictive. Maybe not as addictive as alcohol but addictive enough

About as addictive as caffeine?
Another wise ass blowing the trumpet like he knows it all. Stopped reading after OP mentioned 'studying it for many years' - in other words been involved directly with this stuff, right?

Original post by faloodeh
in terms of wanting to reduce the amount of foreigners, are you only considering the effects they've had on the drug trade?

Spoiler

Hello Falooda

Sorry for my typo
But it can cause pyschosis.

It's also rare for cannabis smokers to develop schizophrenia, something like 2% isn't it?

About as addictive as caffeine?

Obviously im not going to advocate something I can't enjoy. I tried synthetic cannabis or spice once and wanted to die the psychosis got so bad. What im really trying to say is that there isnt enough research into weed to make it legal and if someone with sensitive cannaboid receptors smoke it they can get into a deeply psychotic state which may even lead to schizophrenia. Im all for low thc cannabis for myself but even then... you dont know what the long term effects are. Ive had some good trips on weed if i dont smoke too much but anything more than a few puffs of skunk and im psychotic.
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
Another wise ass blowing the trumpet like he knows it all. Stopped reading after OP mentioned 'studying it for many years' - in other words been involved directly with this stuff, right?

Hello Falooda

Sorry for my typo

gtfo you can't say Idk what I'm talking about when you didn't even read!?
Nah, you're well behind there, no one smokes hash anymore in the UK. Morocco and Afghanistan only produce hash, it all goes to Southern Europe now. The UK is actually one of the biggest exporters of legal cannabis.

where's your link cos

I also mentioned South EU countlessly. And I never excluded Britain from the drug trade. It's also one of the biggest IMporters of ILLEGAL Class A's and B's is my point, what UK lets IN. This isn't about "well UK dabbles in drug trade as well so everything else that the rest of the world does is moot." Are you joking?? Also, check National Crime Agency.
Original post by 12ksmith
Okay let’s just blame entire countries for OUR drug problem

lmao are you serious?

It's not BLAME:

www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/crime-threats/drugs

It's FACTS. And yes. I emphasised that UK needs to fix its problem, that's actually the point of the thread but ahh, it is TSR.
Original post by Perplexity
In the 19th century, the British forced opium upon the Chinese and now in the 21st century the British consume drugs by their own volition. You'll have to forgive me, I just find the irony quite amusing.

Let's say you get what you want, all foreigners are kicked out. At the end of the day, you'll still have a demand for drugs here in the UK and if there's a market there will be people who are gonna provide the supply. Not to mention, with the internet these days, you can buy anything you want no matter how debauched, as long as you know where to look/ask.

Oh I see. Nah I would never think UK is innocent but deflection pisses me off truly.
Fumes from a cannabis farm? Only reason i know of people wearing masks in cannabis farms is down to allergies, quite common to get hay fever like symptoms from being in a room full of plants.

bruv yes any chemical that omits an odor when heated creates fumes...

it's not about allergies lmao it's about the strong chemicals knocking you out. People faint all the time especially in class A labs. Thats even why your chem teacher tells you to waft the odor instead of straight up sniffing the smell. You'll prob kill yourself.
lmao are you serious?

It's not BLAME:

It's FACTS. And yes. I emphasised that UK needs to fix its problem, that's actually the point of the thread but ahh, it is TSR.

Yeah, drugs are imported from other countries. A small minority of that country’s population are probably drug dealers or involved in crime. So why should we punish the rest of the population for a small minority’s actions.

That like blaming all Muslims for extremist terror. That’s how ridiculous it is.
Original post by 12ksmith
Yeah, drugs are imported from other countries. A small minority of that country’s population are probably drug dealers or involved in crime. So why should we punish the rest of the population for a small minority’s actions.

That like blaming all Muslims for extremist terror. That’s how ridiculous it is.

Don't talk to me about "small minority" when the FACTS STATE "100s of tonnes of drugs imported." Do you know what 100s of tonnes means??

I also mentioned SEVERAL countries not just your precious country. ANd don't even START talking about Islam in here.

Also yes. Your first sentence: drugs are imported from other countries.

Thank you good bye.
(edited 6 years ago)

Don't talk to me about "small minority" when the FACTS STATE "100s of tonnes of drugs imported." Do you know what 100s of tonnes means??

I also mentioned SEVERAL countries not just your precious country. ANd don't even START talking about Islam in here.

Hundreds of tonnes can be easily produced by a small minority. This is because the size of the group producing these drugs is relative to a average size country with a population 34 million people or so.

Also yes. Your first sentence: drugs are imported from other countries.

Thank you good bye.

Wtf are you saying?? Drugs are imported from other countries. But so is basically everything else. It would be abnormal for drugs not to be imported from abroad in order to maximise profits & evade drug laws. Why does this surprise you?
eugh ffs. Moving on.

Latest