The Student Room Group

Education courses???

I want to take education next year but am completely stuck on what unis?? I’d like it to include drama and sociology (but not that fussed)
Original post by Maddyyjoy
I want to take education next year but am completely stuck on what unis?? I’d like it to include drama and sociology (but not that fussed)

Do you know what an education degree is? It's not a teaching qualification or a degree in a specific area of education. It's a degree in the academia, history and research of the subject of education in general.
Reply 2
Original post by Glassapple
Do you know what an education degree is? It's not a teaching qualification or a degree in a specific area of education. It's a degree in the academia, history and research of the subject of education in general.
hi, yes I do know , some involve areas that include things such as drama and sociology as some of the courses I have looked at have however some do not so was just seeing if there was any recommendations
hi, yes I do know , some involve areas that include things such as drama and sociology as some of the courses I have looked at have however some do not so was just seeing if there was any recommendations
Hiya:hi:

First of all, great choice of subject!:biggrin:

Second, what sort of entry requirements am I looking at?
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
Hiya:hi:

First of all, great choice of subject!:biggrin:

Second, what sort of entry requirements am I looking at?

I am predicted ABB, but obviously as willing to look at courses below that to stay on the safe side
I am predicted ABB, but obviously as willing to look at courses below that to stay on the safe side
Okie dokie.

Keele offers ABC/BBB for Education and Sociology, I know that much off the top of my head.

Using TSR's unimatch tool, I've found the following:

Cardiff, UCLan, Sunderland, Birmingham all offer the sociology combination and there are many more offering that.

Drama is slightly more niche

Winchester, Cardiff Met, Sunderland and Newman (Birmingham) all offer the course.
Some of these are well below your predicted grades though so do have a good look.

What's your career plan?
Reply 6
Original post by 04MR17
Okie dokie.

Keele offers ABC/BBB for Education and Sociology, I know that much off the top of my head.

Using TSR's unimatch tool, I've found the following:

Cardiff, UCLan, Sunderland, Birmingham all offer the sociology combination and there are many more offering that.

Drama is slightly more niche

Winchester, Cardiff Met, Sunderland and Newman (Birmingham) all offer the course.
Some of these are well below your predicted grades though so do have a good look.

What's your career plan?
thank you so much! This has been a massive help.
Atm it’s primary education so I would follow up after this degree to get my QTS but am willing to look at other options
thank you so much! This has been a massive help.
Atm it’s primary education so I would follow up after this degree to get my QTS but am willing to look at other options
Coll stuff.:yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending