The Student Room Group

How has your 'Friday the 13th' gone so far?

I am not superstitious but in past years I have been a little wary.

This morning though I didn't even remember that it was Friday the 13th and, quite interestingly, had my first ever 'F13' experience when I've been out and about...

Some bloke threatened to kill my dog merely because he barked! FFS!

Anyone else had anything negative happen so far?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes I guess that is a bit frustrating but I am not sure it is spooky.

Not wishing to be unkind but is it possible that you could not find the contact lens because you could not see properly?
Reply 2
OIC (pun intended)...

That's interesting - what colour are your eyes naturally and what colour do the contacts transform them to?

I'm quite interested as I know someone who is thinking of getting them and also I knew at school a guy who had (naturally) two different coloured eyes - a bit like David Bowie.
Oh crap! I've had a similar situation.

Today has been pretty weird as I've never really experienced anything bad on Friday 13th. So I never really believed in superstitions like this. But today, my power went out in my room since midnight and I struggled to do school work because my laptop was dead and I couldn't charge it. I woke up pretty late today and when I went to have a shower, I realised I've forgotten my towel to dry myself and this was when I was half way of having a shower.

After that, I had to check my timetable online to see what time was my lecture, but the wifi kept disconnecting and I was nearly late. Spooky stuff tbh...
Original post by JamesH2017
I am not superstitious but in past years I have been a little wary.

This morning though I didn't even remember that it was Friday the 13th and, quite interestingly, had my first ever 'F13' experience when I've been out and about...

Some bloke threatened to kill my dog merely because he barked! FFS!

Anyone else had anything negative happen so far?

If my brother revolting against my parents counts then yeah it hasn't been a good day. Btw is it bad to watch a video of animal's being killed near a vegan?
Reply 5
Nice colour contact though.

Original post by Fluffybunneh
Oh crap! I've had a similar situation.

Today has been pretty weird as I've never really experienced anything bad on Friday 13th. So I never really believed in superstitions like this. But today, my power went out in my room since midnight and I struggled to do school work because my laptop was dead and I couldn't charge it. I woke up pretty late today and when I went to have a shower, I realised I've forgotten my towel to dry myself and this was when I was half way of having a shower.

After that, I had to check my timetable online to see what time was my lecture, but the wifi kept disconnecting and I was nearly late. Spooky stuff tbh...

Ohhh, sounds very tricky - hope you get to midnight with nothing else going 'wrong'!
Original post by JamesH2017
Ohhh, sounds very tricky - hope you get to midnight with nothing else going 'wrong'!

Actually, my day has started to get better. Had a pizza night with my housemates where we all just played games and stuff and my electricity is back. So all is good, so far...

Unfortunately, I get paranoid pretty easily, so now I'm just trying to be careful :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
If my brother revolting against my parents counts then yeah it hasn't been a good day. Btw is it bad to watch a video of animal's being killed near a vegan?

Sorry you have not had a good day - can you elaborate about your brother and your parents?

Not sure what to say about the video watching tbh - animals have feelings and I am sure many people would not enjoy on any level seeing them killed, with or without the vegan aspect.
I've had a terrible day, My tube kept getting delayed which meant I was late for our group project meeting, then i went to go see my boyfriend in Liverpool... the trains from London to Liverpool were completely messed up today so instead of having one change like normal I had about 4 and it took me double the time, then I had over an hours wait at my final train station, then nearly dropped my laptop onto the tracks
Get to my boyfriends and drive to the supermarket, it was like i'd forgotten how to drive (haven't driven in like a month =P), came back from the supermarket and someones taken our parking space

It can't get much worse right =L
Reply 9
Original post by Fluffybunneh
Actually, my day has started to get better. Had a pizza night with my housemates where we all just played games and stuff and my electricity is back. So all is good, so far...

Unfortunately, I get paranoid pretty easily, so now I'm just trying to be careful :biggrin:

Games and pizza sounds great - I have had a Pizza Hut gift card burning a (hot chilli pepper) hole in my wallet for 5+ months...

Only about 45 mins to go - chill, we are all nearly okay...

Original post by Jackieox
I've had a terrible day, My tube kept getting delayed which meant I was late for our group project meeting, then i went to go see my boyfriend in Liverpool... the trains from London to Liverpool were completely messed up today so instead of having one change like normal I had about 4 and it took me double the time, then I had over an hours wait at my final train station, then nearly dropped my laptop onto the tracks
Get to my boyfriends and drive to the supermarket, it was like i'd forgotten how to drive (haven't driven in like a month =P), came back from the supermarket and someones taken our parking space

It can't get much worse right =L

Sorry for your awful day so far.

It could get worse but I truly hope it doesn't for you - just 45 or so mins to go but the great thing is that you are finally with your boyfriend - enjoy that (long awaited) time.
got no work done
got no sleep cos of drunk noisy flatmates
put in correct code to my padlock for my cupboard in the kitchen, wouldn't open so had to break it with a spoon
:cry:
Unfinishable maths test featuring A level questions

It was the first test of yr 10
I got to my lectures on time, found out I have an essay outline due soon, slept, and did a bit of reading for university. Boring, but not bad. :smile:
I lost my student ID card :sad:
I got hand foot mouth disease

Spoiler

Original post by Black Rose

That's big bad - sorry for your loss - hopefully it will not take too long to get a replacement - good luck with that.
Friday the 13th was ok. Made christmas cakes in college & had I think less pots and pans to wash up from work tonight. Normally its hectic :tongue:

Original post by Black Rose

Noooo - I hope you find it :smile: (at our college we have to pay £5 for a temporary paper one)
Pretty decent. Worked through the late morning and early afternoon. Came home, played some zombies on CoD Black Ops 3 with my mate for a few hours. Had a kip. Went to the gym, grabbed a Big Mac from the drive-thru on the way home and munched it as I drove (naughty naughty), came home and showered, now I'm chilling :h:
Well Friday the 13th fell on my birthday this time round. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? 🤔
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Pretty decent. Worked through the late morning and early afternoon. Came home, played some zombies on CoD Black Ops 3 with my mate for a few hours. Had a kip. Went to the gym, grabbed a Big Mac from the drive-thru on the way home and munched it as I drove (naughty naughty), came home and showered, now I'm chilling :h:

Haven't had a BigMac for about 3 years - was it nice? More enjoyable gobbling whilst driving?

Original post by Kevin Hodge
Well Friday the 13th fell on my birthday this time round. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? 🤔

Not sure if it's a good or bad thing.

Get any nice presents?

Quick Reply

Latest