The Student Room Group

I started uni not that long and got remarks which had dramtically increased

I got remarks for my A level results back and as a result my grades had increased
i started uni not that long ago i do like the uni i am at but i just think i may be able to apply for ones with more opportunity ect.. with my new grades
i am studying law currently any advice on what i should do in terms of sticking or reapplying
i have been thinking about it alot since ive got the results back
My grades were AAB and my grades now are A*AA would their be a lot more unis i would be in the entry grades for with these results compared to my older ones or would their not be that much of a difference
Any advice would be much appreciated
A*AA is much better than AAB. If there is a particular course at a particular University that you couldnt apply for before but now you can then I would strongly consider re-applying.
your new grades would open a lot more doors for you in terms of reapplying to more unis if you were as the grades are substantially different
Original post by jack6565
I got remarks for my A level results back and as a result my grades had increased
i started uni not that long ago i do like the uni i am at but i just think i may be able to apply for ones with more opportunity ect.. with my new grades
i am studying law currently any advice on what i should do in terms of sticking or reapplying
i have been thinking about it alot since ive got the results back
My grades were AAB and my grades now are A*AA would their be a lot more unis i would be in the entry grades for with these results compared to my older ones or would their not be that much of a difference
Any advice would be much appreciated

You have only just got your remarks back?

Hard to say, but A*AA would open most unis for you. the alternative is to try a transfer.

Or you could leave and reapply.
Reply 4
Original post by Cravez
A*AA is much better than AAB. If there is a particular course at a particular University that you couldnt apply for before but now you can then I would strongly consider re-applying.

yea i was thinking of a few to go to if i got these sorts of grades but i didnt
would you say certain unis will open a lot more doors for
or not as i am already at a highly regarded uni for law
That is ridiculous from the examiners. I would sue them . AAB TO A*AA is a humongous difference
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
You have only just got your remarks back?

Hard to say, but A*AA would open most unis for you. the alternative is to try a transfer.

Or you could leave and reapply.

i got them back not that long ago but i have been thinking about it ever since ive got them back and im in 2 minds whether or not to transfer or just reapply as im already at a highly regarded uni for law with my old grades so not to sure if i should really change or not
Reply 7
Original post by sreddy17
That is ridiculous from the examiners. I would sue them . AAB TO A*AA is a humongous difference

ohhh is it really i didnt think it was that much as i was only a couple marks of for the A* and likewise with the B it was only a couple marks difference for the grades
yea i was thinking of a few to go to if i got these sorts of grades but i didnt
would you say certain unis will open a lot more doors for
or not as i am already at a highly regarded uni for law

I dont know much about law unfortunately but yes in general the better ranked university you go to the more opportunties you will get (as long as you continue to work hard ofcourse).
i got them back not that long ago but i have been thinking about it ever since ive got them back and im in 2 minds whether or not to transfer or just reapply as im already at a highly regarded uni for law with my old grades so not to sure if i should really change or not

Well that certainly helped to make things clearer.

Quick Reply

Latest