The Student Room Group

Biology

I am in high school sitting my gcse in 2018 and considering taking biology for a level. what is needed most for biology? And will it be difficult to understand if I'm taking the foundation paper,I am doing extra in depth work that we don't do in lessons to gain a full understanding
Reply 1
Original post by Elliegrxce
I am in high school sitting my gcse in 2018 and considering taking biology for a level. what is needed most for biology? And will it be difficult to understand if I'm taking the foundation paper,I am doing extra in depth work that we don't do in lessons to gain a full understanding

You usually have to do either higher tier double science award or triple science higher tier. In addition, you usually require BB in double award or a grade B in GCSE Biology but it will depend on your school.
Reply 2
Original post by Black Water
You usually have to do either higher tier double science award or triple science higher tier. In addition, you usually require BB in double award or a grade B in GCSE Biology but it will depend on your school.

Yes I am aiming for a B and I am told I am doing well and is possible I will be able to do heir tier
Reply 3
Yes I am aiming for a B and I am told I am doing well and is possible I will be able to do heir tier

That's good then, you'll be able to do Biology. It's quite hard for A-Level, so just prepare for that.
Reply 4
That's good then, you'll be able to do Biology. It's quite hard for A-Level, so just prepare for that.

When you say difficult, what is meant by that
Reply 5
When you say difficult, what is meant by that

As in there will be so much content to cover and the level of detail from GCSE is increased significantly.
Reply 6
As in there will be so much content to cover and the level of detail from GCSE is increased significantly.

Okay thank you
Reply 7
Okay thank you

No problem.

Quick Reply

Latest