The Student Room Group

Is it possible to transfer into another uni after 2nd year?

Hi Guys, i was studying Mechatronics Engineering in Egypt at AAST ( Arab Academy For Science and Technology ) for 5 five semester, then i moved to edinburgh napier university at 2nd year eventhough they told that you can go directly into third year. i was so disappointed about this uni because it is so easy , no competition. i wish i had applied for Glasgow uni but i couldn't made it as i had passed the deadline and there was no place for eu student in clearing choice of the same course. anyway, i wonder if it is possible to transfer into 3rd year in glasgow uni after i finishes my 2nd year in my current uni ?
Original post by abdalla ibrahim
Hi Guys, i was studying Mechatronics Engineering in Egypt at AAST ( Arab Academy For Science and Technology ) for 5 five semester, then i moved to edinburgh napier university at 2nd year eventhough they told that you can go directly into third year. i was so disappointed about this uni because it is so easy , no competition. i wish i had applied for Glasgow uni but i couldn't made it as i had passed the deadline and there was no place for eu student in clearing choice of the same course. anyway, i wonder if it is possible to transfer into 3rd year in glasgow uni after i finishes my 2nd year in my current uni ?

You need to contact the department directly. The more advanced in your course the harder it is. I expect it to be difficult, especially if its a 3 year course.
It's worth trying but I would imagine you would need to sign up for the MEng course and they would potentially put you into year 2 again.
I see that it is hard to enter 3rd year directly, I will try my best by providing a great personal statement to them, I noticed that I will take some courses in both universities at the 2nd year except for 1 or 2 moodle and I don't if that will make big difference or not regarding the transfer process.
Original post by 999tigger
You need to contact the department directly. The more advanced in your course the harder it is. I expect it to be difficult, especially if its a 3 year course.

Quick Reply

Latest