The Student Room Group

Best and Cheapest way to a holiday in Paris?

Hey,

so me and my girlfriend are planning to go on a trip to paris in december after i finish the first term of uni.

whats the cheapest way to get there and does anyone have any recommendations on hotel and such?

obviously im a student so money is a bit of an issue so any advice on who's done this before?

thanks
Original post by Cherub123
Hey,

so me and my girlfriend are planning to go on a trip to paris in december after i finish the first term of uni.

whats the cheapest way to get there and does anyone have any recommendations on hotel and such?

obviously im a student so money is a bit of an issue so any advice on who's done this before?

thanks

I am half French, and we usually take the ferry that's the cheapest option. But you might need to travel to Dover and take a ferry to Calais.

Otherwise you could use the Eurotunnel which is another viable option.
Hey,

thanks

Are you near an airport or are you quite close to london? You can get Eurostar tickets at £30-£40 each way if you book in advance. We stayed in a campanille hotel which is a cheap chain when we visited paris.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Are you near an airport or are you quite close to london? You can get Eurostar tickets at £30-£40 each way if you book in advance. We stayed in a campanille hotel which is a cheap chain when we visited paris.

im in Newcastle so there is an airport nearby yeah? so £80 return for one person?
How much did the hotel set you back?
im in Newcastle so there is an airport nearby yeah? so £80 return for one person?
How much did the hotel set you back?

It was 2015 so prices will have changed but I think it was £80 a night in January.
I think Newcastle would have Paris flights, so look at the prices for them, and compare it to the train to London and Eurostar.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
It was 2015 so prices will have changed but I think it was £80 a night in January.

so it'll be more expensive around christmas time you reckon?

£80 a night is quite steep actually.. hmm
so it'll be more expensive around christmas time you reckon?

£80 a night is quite steep actually.. hmm

It's cheaper than London, only just though. I think it could be a bit more pricey. If you re happy getting the metro you can find somewhere on the outskirts. What sort of budget were you looking at?
Reply 7
It's cheaper than London, only just though. I think it could be a bit more pricey. If you re happy getting the metro you can find somewhere on the outskirts. What sort of budget were you looking at?

We're kinda working on building the budget right now, nothing is necessarily set in stone yet, sorry to be awkward lol

but maybe around 250-300 each?
We're kinda working on building the budget right now, nothing is necessarily set in stone yet, sorry to be awkward lol

but maybe around 250-300 each?

I think you could manage that for two nights perhaps but flights are looking pricey for December £120 each :/ , if you look at the train and Eurostar you might get it lower.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending