The Student Room Group

Cant pick my fifth choice

Hey guys,

I'm an early applicant and have not put in my fifth choice but really want to do it soon even though I have a while till Jan.

GCSES:I have 10A* at GCSE (and a D in FMSQ Maths ...bye bye Oxford lol)
AS: AS Maths - over 90 UMS in every module.
A Level predictions: 4A* in History, Chem, Physics and EPQ
PS: Head of Sixth form said it was exceptional so fingers crossed (I know its subjective)

Applied to : Oxford, LSE, UCL and Leeds so far.

I messed up the LNAT majorly so I have no idea where to apply as that a few off my list (already have two LNATS anyway...)

I know rankings aren't everything but I really do want to go to a renown university - especially as law is so competitive post degree as well as for a degree!

I was thinking Durham... But idk if I like the city as much as say London (KCL)

I really liked Aberdeen but I heard its not as respected a whole for a university. I understand the graduate prospects are very high and its only AAB or something.

I've worked so hard all my school life (except for that FMSQ hahaha), I really want to go somewhere well respected and exceptional! (Well TRY to anyway!)

Thoughts? :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by wantodothebest
Hey guys,

I'm an early applicant and have not put in my fifth choice but really want to do it soon even though I have a while till Jan.

GCSES:I have 10A* at GCSE (and a D in FMSQ Maths ...bye bye Oxford lol)
AS: AS Maths - over 90 UMS in every module.
A Level predictions: 4A* in History, Chem, Physics and EPQ
PS: Head of Sixth form said it was exceptional so fingers crossed (I know its subjective)

Applied to : Oxford, LSE, UCL and Leeds so far.

I messed up the LNAT majorly so I have no idea where to apply as that a few off my list (already have two LNATS anyway...)

I know rankings aren't everything but I really do want to go to a renown university - especially as law is so competitive post degree as well as for a degree!

I was thinking Durham... But idk if I like the city as much as say London (KCL)

Thoughts? :smile:

Sorry not sure if I've understood you completely.

Do you want an LNAT uni or non-LNAT uni.

2:3 ratio works well if you feel you messed the LNAT up.

(Lol don't mind me :biggrin: My school informed me wrong on this so....)

As for Durham, it usually has a very good reputation amongst many, sometimes considered just below Oxbridge, so that would be a good choice! Dunno about law at that uni specifically though sorry :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
You're lucky, I can't even find 1 i like, have you considered ICL? or Cambridge?
Reply 4
Original post by SlashaRussia
You have till tomorrow to decide if you wanna apply for Oxford. (15th October) All five of your options get sent off at once so you have very little time to decide....

As for Durham, it usually has a very good reputation amongst many, sometimes considered just below Oxbridge, so that would be a good choice! Dunno about law at that uni specifically though sorry :smile:

Can't you add your 5th choice later?
You have till tomorrow to decide if you wanna apply for Oxford. (15th October) All five of your options get sent off at once so you have very little time to decide....

Hey I didnt clarify - I have already sent off my application and have received confirmation from the four unis. I can still add another university on track though.

Ok, thanks ! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by BradleyAustin97
You're lucky, I can't even find 1 i like, have you considered ICL? or Cambridge?

OP has said that they are applying to Oxford so cannot apply to Cambridge.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by BradleyAustin97

I didn't think ICL did Law and I can't apply for Cambridge because I'm an oxford applicant haha!
Original post by new1234
Can't you add your 5th choice later?

Oh lol sorry about that then! My school didn't inform us correctly about this then :smile:*don't mind meee*
Nope. Your UCAS application is sent off to all five unis at once. So I doubt you can just add another choice later on. (I might be wrong so please correct me if I am)

Yes you are haha.

I've received my UCAS Track and confirmation emails from each university so far - all at different times. There is still an option on track to add another university until around Janurary (the 18th or 15th not sure).
Oh lol sorry about that then! My school didn't inform us correctly about this then :smile:*don't mind meee*

FAQ on UCAS track says this:

You can add further choices to your application until 30 June, as long as you haven't replied to any offers. If you only had a single choice and paid the £13 application fee, you will have to pay a further £11. You can pay the additional fee in Track.
If you used more than one choice, and have already replied to your offers, you may not be able to use the remaining choices. Please contact us for more advice.
If you are unable to add more choices to your application now, there may be a further opportunity for you to apply elsewhere through Clearing, if you are unsuccessful with your choices.

Sorry, didnt see your edit and replied to your old post.
Original post by new1234
Sorry, didnt see your edit and replied to your old post.

Dw, my fault for not reading UCAS track stuff properly before replying! :smile:
Yes you are haha.

I've received my UCAS Track and confirmation emails from each university so far - all at different times. There is still an option on track to add another university until around Janurary (the 18th or 15th not sure).

Did you want an LNAT uni or not? Not sure if you saw my previous post.
Dw, my fault for not reading UCAS track stuff properly before replying! :smile:

Haha no worries. I didnt know until I saw it on Track either.
Original post by new1234
Did you want an LNAT uni or not? Not sure if you saw my previous post.

I think its risky but if its a really good university I would try.

Im steering clear of LNAT unis like Bristol though since they put so much emphasis on LNAT scores.
I think its risky but if its a really good university I would try.

Im steering clear of LNAT unis like Bristol though since they put so much emphasis on LNAT scores.

Idk, you can get good unis that are non-lnat too.
I feel like if i was in ur situation I would go with a non lnat uni that's still good.
Especially since you have oxford as one of your LNAT uni's which is quite risky.
Have you considered Warwick?
If I recall correctly, Durham needs LNAT as well?
Have you thought of Exeter? Non-LNAT and good uni.
Original post by new1234
Idk, you can get good unis that are non-lnat too.
I feel like if i was in ur situation I would go with a non lnat uni that's still good.
Especially since you have oxford as one of your LNAT uni's which is quite risky.
Have you considered Warwick?

Warwick is also good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending