The Student Room Group

Would psychology a level help me get into law?

I want to choose psychology for a levels but would it help me study law? Any other suggestions if not?
Some Law courses (if you're looking at a degree) recommend an essay subject, which I'm pretty sure Psychology is.
You could take English if you'd prefer that. Maybe look at some uni websites and see their requirements.
Original post by Cherrycheryl
I want to choose psychology for a levels but would it help me study law? Any other suggestions if not?

Makes no difference.

Only a few unis have preferred subjects but most accept any combination. You dont have to do an essay subject.
Original post by 999tigger
Makes no difference.

Only a few unis have preferred subjects but most accept any combination. You dont have to do an essay subject.

What other subject can I choose to be able to study law?
Original post by Cherrycheryl
What other subject can I choose to be able to study law?

There arent really any set subjects.

Some are a bit safer than others. Traditional facilitating ones, but always check the entrance requirements for the unis you want to apply to as thats the most important.

https://university.which.co.uk/advice/a-level-choices/what-a-levels-do-you-need-to-study-law

Look at LSE and their entrance requirements as well as Sheffield. They both give a good idea of preferred subjects and you are normally fine with 2 preferred and one non preferred.
Original post by 999tigger
There arent really any set subjects.

Some are a bit safer than others. Traditional facilitating ones, but always check the entrance requirements for the unis you want to apply to as thats the most important.

https://university.which.co.uk/advice/a-level-choices/what-a-levels-do-you-need-to-study-law

Look at LSE and their entrance requirements as well as Sheffield. They both give a good idea of preferred subjects and you are normally fine with 2 preferred and one non preferred.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest