St Andrew’s medicine applicants 2018

Who’s applying to St A for med this year? X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by my.med.journey

I am!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Ah nice! Where else did you apply? And what GCSEs and UKCAT did you get? (If you dont mind me asking😂)
Ah nice! Where else did you apply? And what GCSEs and UKCAT did you get? (If you dont mind me asking😂)

I'm a Scottish applicant! I'm assuming you are an english applicant?
I am hahahah
I am hahahah

Oh cool what are your stats?

Submitted my application. Scottish School leaver.
Stats:
Highers-AAAAA
UKCAT-665
Good luck everyone!!
Hi folks,

Just joining in the discussion!

Managed a 735 average with Band 1 SJ, so fingers crossed on that front.

Background is:

Chartered accountant Professional Qualification (CA)
BACC with Finance 2:1 from Glasgow Uni
Advanced Highers A
Highers AAAAAAA
U of G Access to Science, Nursing and Engineering - Biology and Chemistry AAAA

Kieren
Original post by greengiraffe
Oh cool what are your stats?

675 SJT Band 2 for UKCAT😬
7A*s 3As at GCSE
Predicted A*A*A*A at A level
Reply 9
Hi there! Any EU students applying to St Andrews?
I'm from Italy and my UKCAT is 702.5 band 2 STJ
Predicted grades: 98/100 (95/100 is A*AA but I couldn't find any conversion for 98)
Reply 10
anyone has been invited for interview yet? Any ideas of this year ukcat cut off?
Original post by Harkis
anyone has been invited for interview yet? Any ideas of this year ukcat cut off?
not heard anything yet. Last years cut off was around 600 average according to their website. My UKCAT was 665 so keeping my fingers crossed
Reply 12
Original post by Scottie123
not heard anything yet. Last years cut off was around 600 average according to their website. My UKCAT was 665 so keeping my fingers crossed

I heared a guy with 702 was invited to interview on Fastest thread. My ukcat is 2650
Original post by Harkis
I heared a guy with 702 was invited to interview on Fastest thread. My ukcat is 2650

When?
Original post by Harkis

Ah yes just noticed that. Looks like they received the invite on Thursday. Hope there’s more to come
Reply 15
Original post by Harkis

I got an interview!! Start of december, my ukcat was 2980 :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Jbomb33
I got an interview!! Start of december, my ukcat was 2980 :smile:

Congratulation. I would love to go to St Andrew,definitely my first choice .
Reply 17
Original post by Harkis
Congratulation. I would love to go to St Andrew,definitely my first choice .

Have you heard anything yet? I would love St Andrews, I applied no preference as i would love any of the listed unis for the last 3 years. Are you a Scottish applicant? Always wonder if there is any weighting towards Scottish applicants
Reply 18
Original post by Jbomb33
Have you heard anything yet? I would love St Andrews, I applied no preference as i would love any of the listed unis for the last 3 years. Are you a Scottish applicant? Always wonder if there is any weighting towards Scottish applicants

I am applying from wales with achieved AAA in maths, biology and chemistry. My ukcat is 2650. I have not heared anything from St Andrew yet . I applied non preference route .
Reply 19
Original post by Harkis
I am applying from wales with achieved AAA in maths, biology and chemistry. My ukcat is 2650. I have not heared anything from St Andrew yet . I applied non preference route .

Good luck! I apllied to QMUL, Sheffield and Manchester too. Sheffield give out interviews by the end of this week :0

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending