The Student Room Group

Wanting to change course

I've just started my second year and final year HND in Health and Social Care and considering applying for a nursing degree in January 2018, as a local university still has places available.

BUT what would happen if I dropped out after the first semester at my current uni to start a new course? Do I immediately pay my finance for the past 1 year and a half back?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Original post by Lizzie96e
I've just started my second year and final year HND in Health and Social Care and considering applying for a nursing degree in January 2018, as a local university still has places available.

BUT what would happen if I dropped out after the first semester at my current uni to start a new course? Do I immediately pay my finance for the past 1 year and a half back?

They would ask for the overpaid maintenance back but not any tuition loan payments.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
They would ask for the overpaid maintenance back but not any tuition loan payments.

Thanks for your reply. Would this be both the grant and the loan? Or just the loan which I received for the first term?

And do you happen to know if the loan and grant would continue as normal when I commence the new course?
Thanks for your reply. Would this be both the grant and the loan? Or just the loan which I received for the first term?

And do you happen to know if the loan and grant would continue as normal when I commence the new course?

It would be pro rata of the grant and the loan, they calculate how many days you didnt spend at university from the payment before then ask for that amount back. If you can't pay that amount back in enough time then they would take it off your entitlement for you next course.

Hi Lizzie96e,

If you withdraw from your course, you will be reassessed up until the last day that you attended, on a pro rata basis.

We will send you a new notification of entitlement letter.

If you have been paid more than what you are entitled to, you will then be sent a letter advising you of this and a telephone number to call and make arrangements to repay the amount.

The loan that you are entitled to for the time that you were in attendance you will become eligible to repay, from the April following your withdrawal and only once you are earning over the threshold.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending