The Student Room Group

Chances of receiving Offer from Bristol/KCL/Nott - CompSci

Hi!

Course: Computer Science
Predicted Grades: ABB
(no computing or computer science at A level)
(B in Maths Predicted)

Bristol (Contextual Offer): AAB (A in Mathematics) ........ (A*AA - without contextual offer)
KCL: AAB
Nottingham: AAA

I was wondering what are the chances of receiving an offer for Computer Science from the university list above, as they’re competitive universities. Should I even apply, if so which?

I go to a state school, and am living in a deprived area. And, I was also wondering, how do Bristol treat applicants with Contextual offers?

Would they prefer AAB student that doesn’t live in a deprived area? Will my application be compared to other students that don’t have the contextual offer and may have 1/2 grades predicted higher.

Or will my application not be compared to theirs and only with contextual offered students.

Sorry if this was long.

Thank You!!! :smile:
Original post by JayX0
Hi!

Course: Computer Science
Predicted Grades: ABB
(no computing or computer science at A level)
(B in Maths Predicted)

Bristol (Contextual Offer): AAB (A in Mathematics) ........ (A*AA - without contextual offer)
KCL: AAB
Nottingham: AAA

I was wondering what are the chances of receiving an offer for Computer Science from the university list above, as they’re competitive universities. Should I even apply, if so which?

I go to a state school, and am living in a deprived area. And, I was also wondering, how do Bristol treat applicants with Contextual offers?

Would they prefer AAB student that doesn’t live in a deprived area? Will my application be compared to other students that don’t have the contextual offer and may have 1/2 grades predicted higher.

Or will my application not be compared to theirs and only with contextual offered students.

Sorry if this was long.

Thank You!!! :smile:

You'll definitely get an offer from Notts. I had a friend who was predicted much lower and had a U in AS-Mathematics who got an ABB offer. I was quite frankly stunned and it was one of the reasons why I ended up changing my mind about Notts as I began to question their desperation.

Might be pushing it slightly with KCL, but it's certainly not impossible.

Bristol, I have no idea, I didn't apply there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending