The Student Room Group

Welfare/houses for single mothers

Is it not time this deplorable anglo/western habit was put a stop to. If you or your family can't afford to sustain the child or are unwilling to get married then dont **** around.
People can't help a change of circumstances.

While there may be a few single mothers that abuse the system, the vast majority don't. They have the right to have a roof over their heads.

Knob.
Original post by Galahad_
People can't help a change of circumstances.

While there may be a few single mothers that abuse the system, the vast majority don't. They have the right to have a roof over their heads.

Knob.

The vast majority of single mothers are reckless opportunistic sluts. The problem with UK society is the family unit is being deliberately dismantled. If there was a strict family unit in place then if a father died other relatives could fill the void. It would also eliminate the teen sluts because the brothers and uncles would hopefully put the fear of god in to her to concentrate on studies rather than free mixing with males.
Original post by CorporateSluts
The vast majority of single mothers are reckless opportunistic sluts. The problem with UK society is the family unit is being deliberately dismantled. If there was a strict family unit in place then if a father died other relatives could fill the void. It would also eliminate the teen sluts because the brothers and uncles would hopefully put the fear of god in to her to concentrate on studies rather than free mixing with males.

You really are a f***ing idiot, aren't you?

Most anglo countries don't have this shared family unit, coming from a culture where the family generations live together i find this lack of support sad but not all women have supporting families, what about the opportunistic males who can't be bothered to use protection?
You really are a f***ing idiot, aren't you?

Im making a stand for morality. Why should women that dont respect their family and their future prospects be taken seriously in any way? Feminism is totally out of control; women have way more freedom than is good for them and their potential future offspring.
Original post by Milky_Way
Most anglo countries don't have this shared family unit, coming from a culture where the family generations live together i find this lack of support sad but not all women have supporting families, what about the opportunistic males who can't be bothered to use protection?

Anyone committing zina pre marriage is a pleb regardless of gender. The answer is to restore conventional christian morality and get rid of the cultural marxism and feminism that is rotting the society from within. I personally think Sharia would do the youth the power of good and give them a kick up the arse - instant improvements to the social welfare budget and health.
(edited 6 years ago)
Anyone committing zina pre marriage is a pleb regardless of gender. The answer is to restore conventional christian morality and get rid of the cultural marxism and feminism that is rotting the society from within. I personally think Sharia would do the youth the power of good and give them a kick up the arse - instant improvements to the social welfare budget and health.

I think feminism would do some good actually, encouraging males to take responsibility for their actions by emphasising that both males and females are equally responsible for their choices. Besides, with more women empowered with access to birth control and family planning we would have less mothers forced to take care of a child they can't provide for.
Im making a stand for morality. Why should women that dont respect their family and their future prospects be taken seriously in any way? Feminism is totally out of control; women have way more freedom than is good for them and their potential future offspring.

Oooookay.

So, you're making a stand for morality, right? So tell me, is it moral for single/young mothers to be homeless with their children? Life happens, people get pregnant. Their partners may of left, been abusive, etc. Family wise they may have been disowned for many reasons. So what makes it okay for these women to be stuck on the streets with no money, with their kids? I've been homeless, I lived in a hostel that also housed mothers and babies. It was an awful environment for babies to be in - violence, drugs, etc.

The vast majority of single/young mothers have future prospects. Of course it's going to be hard for them if they have no support from others. It's hard enough to come out of homelessness - do they not deserve a chance to rebuild their life?

99% of these women that are on welfare/social housing are not abusing the system, they are given the basics needed to survive, and let their children survive. Welfare is not nearly enough to live on half of the time, and I can tell you now that they are bloody strong for what they go through. I've met young single mums that have been to hell and back.

What, would you rather them homeless, not being able to feed their child, freezing to death on the streets? And from the sounds of it you're one of them pro life f***heads that think abortion is wrong.

Also, your last statement is laughable. Women have more freedom than is good for them? What, striving for equality is a bad thing? P*** off and take your barbaric views somewhere else. You're an idiot.
Original post by Milky_Way
I think feminism would do some good actually, encouraging males to take responsibility for their actions by emphasising that both males and females are equally responsible for their choices. Besides, with more women empowered with access to birth control and family planning we would have less mothers forced to take care of a child they can't provide for.

Contraception is not the answer as you are effectively licensing promiscuity. Besides UK youth are so feckless they can't even get that right. So often we hear celebs and so on trotting out the 'be safe-be free' mantra. The introduction of the contraceptive pill was also probably the worst thing to have happened to the west. In my experience there is nothing that diminishes a young lady's sexual ardour faster than a swift kick in the ****.
Contraception is not the answer as you are effectively licensing promiscuity. Besides UK youth are so feckless they can't even get that right. So often we hear celebs and so on trotting out the 'be safe-be free' mantra. The introduction of the contraceptive pill was also probably the worst thing to have happened to the west. In my experience there is nothing that diminishes a young lady's sexual ardour faster than a swift kick in the ****.

Actually preaching safe sex is more effective than abstinence, if we need more sex education in schools so the UK youth aren't 'feckless' then maybe that is the solution. I'm not even going to address your last comment
Oooookay.

So, you're making a stand for morality, right? So tell me, is it moral for single/young mothers to be homeless with their children? Life happens, people get pregnant. Their partners may of left, been abusive, etc. Family wise they may have been disowned for many reasons. So what makes it okay for these women to be stuck on the streets with no money, with their kids? I've been homeless, I lived in a hostel that also housed mothers and babies. It was an awful environment for babies to be in - violence, drugs, etc.

The vast majority of single/young mothers have future prospects. Of course it's going to be hard for them if they have no support from others. It's hard enough to come out of homelessness - do they not deserve a chance to rebuild their life?

99% of these women that are on welfare/social housing are not abusing the system, they are given the basics needed to survive, and let their children survive. Welfare is not nearly enough to live on half of the time, and I can tell you now that they are bloody strong for what they go through. I've met young single mums that have been to hell and back.

What, would you rather them homeless, not being able to feed their child, freezing to death on the streets? And from the sounds of it you're one of them pro life f***heads that think abortion is wrong.

Also, your last statement is laughable. Women have more freedom than is good for them? What, striving for equality is a bad thing? P*** off and take your barbaric views somewhere else. You're an idiot.

All these issues that you talked about are result of a liberal marxist society that rejects religion. People dont just become pregnant; teen motherhood is not rife in the asian community or in India because their culture is not centred around instant gratification, alcohol and state welfare like ours is. Its a vicious circle really with welfare, if anything the more of it there is then the more people tend to abuse it and become sloppier and the cycle never ends. Instead of benefits, houses and contraception build a church in every neighbourhood and re-instate the traditional gender roles.
All these issues that you talked about are result of a liberal marxist society that rejects religion. People dont just become pregnant; teen motherhood is not rife in the asian community or in India because their culture is not centred around instant gratification, alcohol and state welfare like ours is. Its a vicious circle really with welfare, if anything the more of it there is then the more people tend to abuse it and become sloppier and the cycle never ends. Instead of benefits, houses and contraception build a church in every neighbourhood and re-instate the traditional gender roles.

Coming from an asian culture myself I agree that we don't see teen motherhood as much, however that doesn't mean we have a perfect culture either, we have some of the highest suicide rates due to pressure and issues like this. Forbidding things doesn't mean they don't happen, a lot of it is education too, if more parents talked to their children about the dangers that come with unsafe sex and place more emphasis on family units this wouldn't happen, your attitude certainly isn't helping anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending